Backup plan

You were running to catch up to her, the other you. The you that stays hidden inside.

She is a completely different personality this 'other half'. She delights in bloodshed and kicking puppies, but what could you expect? She was your demon side after all. You didn't like her. Who she was, who she is, what she can do, but that also means you don't like yourself since that is you. You tried to keep her under wraps, but it's not like she is a completely separate personality it's more of an addiction that brings on its own craving and urges when you least expect them.

You finally caught up to her but it was too late. You saw the bodies of the family on the ground, the family you had killed. She turned around with your favorite knife in hand, "Like what you see?" she smirked. It wasn't a cold smirk or even an evil one, just a normal one, and it ran chills through your bones. "Come on. Don't pretend you don't enjoy it y/n" she said coming up close. You could see your e/c eyes turn black as she crossed her arms. "Just admit it. You miss this". And sadly, you did. Somewhere inside of you, you did. You were so frustrated with yourself for all the emotions of grief, pain, and fear of what you were, you screamed in anger, gripping the side of your head as the other you laughed. You saw her wiping tears away from laughing so hard, the blood from her hands transferring to her face. "You miss me," she said more confident moving close with the blade...

You woke up with a start, Sweat brimming your brow. You look around taking in your surroundings. You were sitting on the living room floor with Jo curled up across your lap and a book you were most likely reading sitting on her face. You remove the book and noticed something was pushing into your back, as you turn around you see sam sound asleep, head uncomfortably drooping to the side, and an adorable Dean resting his head on Sam's shoulder. You had spent a couple of nights with the boys before but typically you would take the couch, not really paying attention to their sleep habits. Seeing them this way was completely heartwarming, they were so peaceful and childlike. So of course you took a photo, planning to make it a screen saver for Sam's laptop later down the line.

You look further around the room and see Ellen fast asleep at the desk a cup of whisky still in hand, but no sign of Bobby. You slowly push Jo off of you, trying to remember what exactly happened last night, while a headache jogged your memory. There was drinking, reading, storytelling, and I think you even all got a photo together at some point. Either way, you knew what today had in store for you. It was the day you were going to kill Lucifer or die trying.

You were normally the first one up due to your perpetual nightmares, so it was your responsibility to start some coffee. Knowing everyone was going to need a kick to start their day you brewed an extra caffeinated kind. You decided while it was brewing to go get dressed but came back up to see Bobby already drinking at the table with a cup for you. You smile upon seeing him.

"Goodmorning Bobby"

He just rolled his eyes turning his attention back towards the book he had on the table.

You took a couple of sips looking at him. He may seem calm and collected, but you knew him better than that. You knew he was nervous about what today could bring.

"What do you think that chances are we will all make it out alive?" you ask, thinking back through the brief plan you managed to come up with.

He turned to you, anger evident on his face "Don't talk like that. It's possible"

"But not probable" you reply.

You both sit in silence for another minute.

"Bobby I could..." But he quickly cut you off.

"No y/n you are not going alone. That would be a suicide mission"

You scoff "But it's not now?"