Bidding

It had been over a year since the day you lost him...  A year spent in agony. A year spent searching for any resolution possible... A year you decided to change, for the better in some ways, and for worse in others, but it was all worth it to get Dean back. The man you loved more than your own life. The man you hadn't even had the chance to apologize to. You were so hell-bent on getting him back that it blocked your better judgment leading you further on the path to your own destruction, but to you, it was all worth it. It would all be worth it for you to get your green-eyed hunter back into this world.

Crowley had released you from your contract that year ago. He said he didn't want you to get any nasty ideas and refused to let you have more power than you possessed on your own. He kept you in Hell as a prisoner, where he let you get to know Kevin more. You spent hours with Kevin every day as he read the forsaken Demon tablet. He didn't trust you at the beginning but gradually he realized that you were not like the other demons, and the way they treated you was far worse than they treated him. You were the one that suggested he should escape with the tablet and helped him devise the plan, he begged you to come with him because he didn't know how to face the world alone, but you promised him that as soon as you got Dean back, you would find him.

That was months and months ago. You knew he escaped because Crowley set up a torturing session as punishment for helping him, but you were still not sure if the kid was still alive. It made you sick, but you pushed it aside to search for Dean. When you finally made your own escape due to some misplaced knives and help from a neighborhood healer you immediately turned to find all of Bobby's copies of everything he had ever found about purgatory. It took you a month or two before you found what you were looking for - the escape hatch from purgatory that human souls could cross through, but then it left you with a dilemma. How would you get there? How could you tell Dean where to go? Was Dean even alive still?

 You pushed the last thought from your mind as you devised a plan. You knew you couldn't reopen purgatory without risking so much evil getting out, so instead, you decided to make yourself a monster. You tried to convince vampires, werewolves, or any other monster that could convert you, but everyone refused, saying that they would rather put your head on a spike than give you additional power, so you resulted to do this a different way. A spell.

You had found it while looking through an old spellbook you kept in your storage locker in Maine and so happened to find the page about collecting specific items to shift your entire being into a monster type, and you knew that even if you couldn't get back from purgatory, it would be worth it for Dean to return to this world. You then went searching for Sam because you knew yourself well enough at this point that you were unsure what undergoing a transformation like this would do to you... What it could bring out or if you could contain it.

You found him, happy, with a girl and a dog. A sight you never thought you would see from Sammy... you just wished Dean was here to see it. So you left without even saying hello on your goose chase for items to shift you into a monster to gain access to purgatory.

***

You composed yourself before taking your seat in the shadows. You didn't want anyone to recognize you until the time came. Soon enough everyone sat down and the auction began. "Our first item, the amulet of Hesperus. Let's start the bidding with, um, three tons of dwarven gold?" You watched as Plutus scanned the crowd watching gleefully as people bid, fighting tooth and nail for items he had collected, but what caught your attention above all else was the man sitting next to him. He was taller, slim, with dark brown eyes and blond hair. You had never seen him before but something about him made your nerves stand on end. He had a warm smile that you thought for some reason would haunt you. Something was off about him, but you couldn't tell what. He seemed human enough, but you were unsure what he was doing here and more so, what he was doing with Plutus.