The Real Deal

You felt numb. Like your whole world had been shattered once again in just a few words. After a couple of minutes, you willed back the rest of your tears and pulled away from Dean's embrace. You immediately missed his warmth but you tried to recompose yourself while wiping the tears off of your face.

 "Did he.. Did he.." you could hardly get the last words out of your mouth.

"It was a headshot," Sam said. There was no way to put it delicately. "He didn't suffer, but y/n... Bobby is a ghost."

Instantly your tears stopped and you looked up at Sam. "He-he is what?" you managed to get out.

"Bobby decided to stay and missed the bus to angel land," Dean says while watching you intently.

"So, is he here?" you ask looking around, desperately trying to sense if he was nearby but knew it was stupid.

"No. He was anchored to his canteen and it went missing a few days back. We think either someone stole it or-"

"Or he found a way to move it himself" you finished for Sam. They looked at you and you could tell they were wondering how you guessed. "He has always been a stubborn ass. Probably hated the idea of being left behind" you shrugged.

Sam raised his eyebrows "yeah he did. But he was growing restless fast. If we find him..."

He didn't have to continue. You knew what it meant if he didn't go with the reaper. You nodded and looked between Sam and Dean.

"Umm," you said clearing your throat. "I came to give you this," you say pulling the vial out of your pocket.

"Crowley's blood?" Dean asks taking it from you. As your hands brushed you felt a tingle of electricity race through you.

"For all I know" you reply, finally getting a hold of your human emotions again.

"Great" Dean huffs but then turns his attention back to you, but this time he looked exasperated.

"Why did you come with this?" he asked finally connecting the dots. "Are you-" he started to ask while clenching his jaw.

"Working for Crowley?" you finished for him calmly. "Yes"

You looked between the two brothers. You could tell they were hurt by your statement.

"Your what?" Dean says gruffly, looking back towards you with rage.

"Look, I had nowhere else to go and I needed to help somehow with all the Leviathan business-"

"No y/n," Dean says interrupting you. It startled you and you remained quiet. He didn't mean to scare you and seeing the fear on your face made his eyes soften and guilt flood through him. "Y/n, you had us." He says with a little less venom. "You could have come with us. We could have used your help. Hell, it's better than working with Crowley! We didn't even know where you were or if you were alive!"

"Dean, I couldn't face you after that night," you say. You didn't even realize what you said. You knew you shouldn't have brought it up. You knew they didn't want to discuss it.

Dean remained quiet and hurt flashed across his features before his anger rekindled, but it was different. It was almost like he was upset with himself.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and Sam motioned for you to be quiet as he pulled out his gun and approached the peephole. He rolls his eyes and opens the door to reveal Meg. 

"You deal with him. I can't anymore." Meg says walking into the room with a huff.

Your demon side quickly bubbles to the surface and you quickly pin her against the wall.