Day Off

You stood there letting the water soothe your muscles. You knew you should have gotten out of the shower earlier, but the water felt so good. You had your music on and were just enjoying your time feeling at ease for once. It had been a week since the whole Leshi situation, and you were currently in New Mexico. You had just finished a wendigo case. You could tell the boys were exhausted from non-stop hunting so you told them you would take the next couple days off.  "You feeling alright y/n?" you chuckle to yourself remembering Deans' expression when he asked you that. The way his green eyes widened and the concern laced his voice. He is so perfect. If only he could see that in himself.

You and the boys planned to watch a movie in your motel room tonight to enjoy your official first night off. This caused you a little anxiety thinking about it. You had done movie nights and things like that with them before, but it was always to get your mind off of a case before the next or because it had been a long day and you had no leads, and usually you would still be researching while they enjoyed whatever movie they picked up. What if you were no good at relaxing? What if you didn't like the movie? Then your simple fears lead to others... "What if we don't find another case soon?" "What if I need to release some of my pent-up dark impulses?" "What if I lose control?" soon enough you were in a downward spiral. Your ease turned into utter self-destruction and you felt completely numb thinking about all the evil you had done In your life.

"Y/n" You hear someone say as the shower curtain opens.

"GOD DAMNIT DEAN" you yell trying to cover yourself. You felt his eyes roam your body, before he realized what he was doing. "Shit sorry y/n. Next time answer when I am yelling at you!" He says as he blushes and averts his eyes.

You turn off the shower and Dean hands you a towel, doing his best to not look at you.

You wrap yourself up in the small motel towel that barely covers the subjects (if you know what I mean) feeling  the redness in your cheeks ever present, but clear your throat to signal he can turn around since he apparently was not leaving the room.

His face is still a little pink but not as much as it was, and you could tell he was trying his best not to roam your body once more. "What the hell?" You start.

"I knocked on the door. I yelled for you. Even when I came in and called out to you, you didn't answer. I was worried" He shouts back. 

"Dean I am fine"

"Well I know that now" he says, lowering his voice staring into your eyes.

Only Dean Winchester could captivate you with just a look. You instantly calmed down.

After a minute of comfortable yet awkward silence you finally asked him to leave to which he just said "oh yeah sorry" and smirked slightly realizing once again that you were only in a towel. 

Once he was out of the room you immediately let out a large breath to try and control your heart rate. You had NOT expected that to ever happen. You looked at yourself in the mirror. He must have noticed them.. all your scars. They were bold and just about everywhere. You had always been self-conscious about them. Even during your very few and far between one night stands men would always ask and point, and on occasion, one would even voice the thought everyone had. "They are ugly". You knew it was true but you remember the time you first heard it from someone else it completely crushed you. You have since learned to deal with that fact, but never really were one to have one night stands as often.

You quickly got dressed into your favorite sweatpants and a tank top, you were planning on being ready before the boys got back with the snacks and movie, but you had lost track of time and now were going to have to scramble to get your jacket without further stares at your scar ridden body, not to mention trying to avoid awkward situations with Dean for the rest of the night, and possibly Sam if he happened to be in the motel room when this occurred. You gave yourself a facepalm but decided to try and make the most of the nights still.