Let it Bleed pt. 2

***Sam POV***

"Sam?" Bobby's voice said through the phone.

"Yeah?" I replied getting pulled back into the conversation. It was then that I heard the screams echoing from inside the garage once again.

"How are things going there? You got a lead on Lisa and Ben?"

"Well, um, we're making a few inquiries," I say rubbing the back of my neck. My thoughts returned to y/n and Dean. I knew it was wrong of us to ask y/n to do more dirty work, especially seeing that she was already fighting hard to combat this side of her. I really didn't want to ask this of her but she insisted which almost made it worse. I wanted to go and help Bobby seeing as I wasn't doing much around here, but with Dean being an emotional wreck and y/n going off the deep end I knew I needed to stay.

"How's Dean?" Bobby asked.

"About how you'd expect," I replied. Dean had been chomping at the bit for information and was a complete emotional mess. He tried to hide it but he was angry and he was hurting. I could tell his guilt was eating him from the inside out and I just hoped that we would be able to get Lisa and Ben home safely because otherwise... I don't know what Dean would do.

"What about y/n?" Bobby said a little more hesitantly.

"She's... fine. We just need this to be over" I say. I didn't know what to really say to express how y/n was. Dean had hardly talked to her other than to ask about information and though I knew she understood why Dean was so pressed to find Lisa and Ben and knew the importance of getting them back, I could tell she also felt like she was being tossed aside by Dean, and if I didn't know him better, I would have honestly thought that was what was going on too. I know Dean loves her. He loves her more than I have seen him love anyone, but whether he acknowledged that or not was a completely different story. I knew he was focused on Lisa and Ben because he felt like this is his fault but I was nervous about y/n taking it the wrong way. Dean had too much on his mind, and though y/n understood that I also knew that it wasn't easy for her to just step back and let him get upset at her for not having the information yet. It was a high-stress situation for all parties involved and I just hoped that Dean would realize the emotional toll this was taking on y/n. It wasn't just on him.

Y/n was also falling into old habits, Dean and I would come in to see her toying with the Demons she tracked down and it would make my skin crawl. I knew she couldn't help it with what she had inside her, but it didn't make it any less scary to see that side of her come out into the open.

I watched as Dean entered the garage after probably getting another cup of coffee and knew that with both him and y/n on edge... I should be in there too.

"I got to go Bobby. Keep me updated"

I walked through the garage door to see Dean leaning against y/n's instrument table glaring at the demon y/n had tied up.

Y/n was playing with a small jagged-edged knife in her hand while looming over our captive.

"Look, I don't know anything." He said panicked.

"Yeah, we'll see," she says turning around to come back to where Dean and I were watching.

"Dean," I say before she got within earshot. "Look, man. You - you're running on what, uh, whisky and - and coffee and whatever else you're taking."

"Yeah, and?" Dean says as y/n finally joins up with us.

"And we're grasping at straws here," I say to them both.

"Look," y/n says with a devilish smile "I torture enough of these bastards, eventually one of 'em's gonna tell me where Crowley is. So we good?"

"Y/n you've been at it for a while, why don't you at least let me take over? You deserve a break." I say. I had tried to stop her a couple of times now, but she would insist that she was more qualified to break them. The glint in her eyes made me nervous, but I couldn't disagree. It didn't make it any easier letting her give in to her tendencies though.