Nightmares

It had been a full week of living in the old house with Lori and you had grown to really care for her. She was basically your grandma. Yes, you 'worked' for her but it wasn't so bad. It wasn't like she had little kids that you had to clean up after and you loved hearing her stories about things she had done in life. She was quite a rebellious young adult so needless to say, you two got along really well.

Dean and Sam had been scoping out the town while you stayed at the house. As you cleaned and went about daily chores you made sure to check out anything that seemed the slightest bit off. With all Loris antiques, you wondered if any were left in the house from when she bought it but when you asked her she said she couldn't remember. So on you went, searching through the house.

After a whole day of nothing, you finished cleaning up the dinner you made for Lori and told her you were going to take your night off. She smiled and told you to be safe. You left and locked up the house on your way out and told the boys to meet you at the diner nearby. 

You flagged them down when you saw them walk in and you all sat down, enjoying each other's company. 

"y/n it feels like we haven't seen you in a week" Sam says smiling at you.

"Cause you haven't" you say laughing. "found anything?" 

"absolutely freaking nothing" Dean says looking at the menu.

"What about you?" Sam asks.

"No. Nothing" you say. 

Your waiter comes and you all order your dinners, then goes back to the kitchen.

"Well, anything weird? Have you noticed anything?" Sam asks trying to come up with something.

"No" you say trying to think.

"Gotten more sleep?" Dean asks chuckling.

You roll your eyes but then pause. Sam and Dean watch as your face falls. "y/n I was joking. I am glad if you are-" Dean says.

"No its not that"

Sam and Dean shared a glance and then looked at you. "What is it?" Sam asks.

"I have been sleeping well" you state a little in disbelief.

"Thats a good thing isn't it?" Dean asks confused.

"Yes, but its also a weird thing"

"Weird how?" Sam asks.

You take a deep breath. "I have nightmares"

"So? We all have nightmares" Dean says not understanding.

"No, I mean I have nightmares every single night. There are very few times I can remeber  not having them. They have been a problem ever since I joined up with Bobby" you state still a little lost in thought.

"What kind of nightmares?" Sam asks.

"Like restless sleep, wake up drenched in sweat nightmares" you state not realizing their sad expressions at your admission.

"y/n we had no clue" Dean says sympathetically.

You realize you had been lost in thought for a while so you turn your attention back to the boys just as the waiter comes by and drops off your food. You all dig in and then it hits you. 

"Do you guys have a camera?" you ask staring intently at the boys. 

Sam uses a napkin to wipe off some salad dressing from his lips and then clears his throat. "yeah why?"

"I think I have an idea about what is causing the suicides" you say before taking the last bite of your burger.

"Care to enlighten us?" Dean says taking another giant mouthful of his own.