The Man Who Would Be King

*A/N: We are finally getting back on track with the story plot. This one is way longer than all the others but I hope you enjoy it. Thank you for reading! Let me know what you think of the story. I am looking to improve my writing or style choices so If you have any ideas or helpful ciricisms let me know*

You woke up in an unfamiliar bed, you had an aching sensation in your diaphragm and you instantly remembered the Vampire hunt and who showed up to distract you.

"Y/n!" a familiar voice hollers from the door frame. Sam enters the room with a large smile on his face. You couldn't help letting your own come to the surface. It was good to see him.

"God! You scared us for a while there" He said hugging you, but being careful of your stitches. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I have been stabbed" you smirk as he rolls his eyes. "Not the first time. Not the last" you shrug.

He sits on the side of your bed looking at you with a small smile, but you could tell he was worried about something.

"What?" you ask concerned.

Sam shakes his head and looks down for a second before looking at you once again "Nothing. I am just glad you are safe"

You could tell there was something more he wanted to say, but you let it go. He was your best friend. He would tell you when he wanted to.

"How did you guys find me anyway? I thought Dean didn't even want to see me?"

"Bobby called" was all he said, and you just let out an annoyed huff that pulled your stitches a little. You lifted your shirt to see who did the handiwork. It was a very clean stitch job, too clean for Sam, so you knew neither of the boys did it.

"Where are we?" you said lowering your shirt and glancing around the room.

"Oh, we didn't think we would get you to the hospital fast enough, so Dean knew this hunter who used to be a paramedic so we crashed as his place"

You nod, looking around at the room you were in. There were some clothes flung over the floor and some pictures on the wall. They depicted a young man and young women and 2 little girls.

"That him?" you ask pointing to the photo on the wall. Sam hums, letting you know you are correct. "Cute kids"

"They are," he says as the same man from the photo comes through the door. He looked older now, but still had the same smile on his face.

"Well, look who made it to the party! It was a little touch and go but you should make a full recovery" he said in a slight southern accent that sounded more East Coast than west.

"Thank you for the stitches," you say wincing as you sit up. "These two couldn't do a clean job if it was handed to them on a platter"

Sam turns and gives you a bitch face making you chuckle in response.

"It was a deep cut," the man says walking up by Sam. "I had never seen a knife stuck so deep that part of the hilt was under the skin". Sam looked at you with some sad eyes, and you knew what the look was from earlier. He knew how reckless you had been. Bobby probably told them, which is why he sent them. Dean didn't want to see you... It was just because it was what Bobby requested.

"It happens," you say with a shrug.

"Well, as much as I would love for the three of you to stay out here in my work shed I must ask you get going before my little girls are up and lookin' for me"

"Of course," you say moving to get out of bed. Surprisingly you didn't feel as bad as you thought you would.

Sam nods and helps you get up.