Sweet Dreams

When you finally calmed down that morning you didn't say anything to Dean and he didn't say anything to you. You went into the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for the day thinking about what you should say to him. Maybe thank you. Maybe I'm sorry. You had no clue.

Once you were done you came back out and saw that Dean had left. You were a little disappointed but it didn't matter. The rest of the day was per-usual (or usual as of last week). You made breakfast, helped Lori, and then trained your replacement who seems like a nice enough girl. A little too preppy for your liking so you wished Lori good luck as you left -she was going to need it. As you left the house, you felt bad for leaving but you knew that you had to go. Your nightmare re-ignited that innate response in you and you felt the dark pit inside you swelling. You needed a case.

You saw the boys waiting for you in the car so you hustled over. As you got in Sam and Dean shared a glance before turning to look at you. "So where we off to now?" you ask trying to avoid what they were going to say.

"You sure you are ready for another case?" Dean asks looking at you.

"Yes Dean. I have had these for a long time. I'll live. So, any new cases?" Sam looked at you with a sad smile before turning around and Dean wouldn't take his eyes off of yours. You felt your breath hitch in your throat while you were completely mesmerized by the emotional depth he tried to keep so hidden, but you could see right through it. He was hurting, and you felt guilty for letting him see that side of you for the second time.

Dean started the car as you headed off towards the next hunt Sam had found. In the car you had called Bobby to let him know you three were still alive and kicking. You could tell from the tone of his voice he was proud of you for figuring the case out. You stopped for lunch and then drove the whole rest of the day. It was midnight before Dean decided that it was about time to stop for the night since you still had hours of driving ahead of you and he was tired. You would offer to drive but you also knew Dean was supper possessive of Baby and rightfully so. Sam had fallen asleep hours ago, but you and Dean didn't talk. Normally you would have but you didn't even know what to say so you sat in silence.

Once you got to the motel you went to check into a couple of rooms and came back to find a sleepy Sam waiting patiently by the car and a wide awake Dean talking to him.

"-so if I am not back tonight that's where I will be" he says before he notices you walking up to them. You see Sam nod and you give them both a curious stare.

"What are you two talking about?" you ask while handing Sam the key to their room.

"Nothing" Dean says rubbing the back of his neck, obviously hiding something, and Sam tiredly smiled without saying anything. 

"I am beat. I am going to bed" Sam states walking away towards their room.

"Sure you are after sleeping 3 hours" you giggle as he turns around to yell "Shut up".

You turn your attention to Dean. You stare into his eyes and get lost. How does he have this affect on you? You have never been so enamored by someone. Ever. You realize that you had been staring for too long and a blush makes its way to your cheeks and you look down at your feet.

"Dean" you start. "About last night-"

"Y/n" He says at the same time. You look up to meet his gaze.

"Can I stay with you?" He says completely serious, his eyes wide and filled with concern.

"Umm..." you say caught off guard. "I gave Sam the key to the room with two beds" you say trying your best not to blush furiously.

"Thats fine I can take the couch" he says turning around and grabbing both his and your bag. 

"Dean if this is about last night-"