♥20♥ Setsubun

"Pay attention okay? Setsubun is basically us saying goodbye to the seasons, which are Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. One of the ways to separate them is Risshun, the first day of Spring. In other wods, today is the day before the year starts." It's February 3rd and Inomata was in the Babysitter's Club because she was invited by Ryuuichi for the mamemaki. "Also, mamemaki or Bean Scattering is a custom to ask for good health throughout the year."  

Inomata wasn't the only one here. Chuukichi and his brothers and sister was here to join in and, much to the Nezu twins' dismay, Yagi was here too. Ushimaru was here too. She was with Inomata so Ryuuichi invited her too. 

"Michiyo wanna throw beans at the demons!" Michiyo said with her little hands in the air. "Eh? Peanuts?" She was give a little box full of peanuts instead of roasted soy beans.

"I thought it'd be a good idea to throw peanuts and then we can still eat them after cracking the shell." It was Usaida's idea. 

"It's not traditional, but this actually makes a lot of sense." Ranfa was in the middle of drawing. She's drawing demon faces on pieces of paper so the bean scattering could begin. 

"Oi, make mine look demonic." Kamitani said while leaning his chin on her shoulder. 

"Huh? Then that means you don't need to wear a mask." Right after she said that, Kamitani lightly pulled at her cheek. "Sho mea..." She's trying to say so mean but with him pulling at her cheek, it was hard to be coherent. 

The babies have the peanuts ready to throw. 

The demons were ready too! Chuukichi, Yagi, Ryuuichi, and Kamitani were ready to be the demons. They're all wearing the paper Ranfa drew the demons on. 

"The demons arrived!" Ryuuichi said in a fake voice. 

Ranfa sweatdropped because Kamitani was holding a baseball bat. Not the toy one, the actual one he plays baseball with. And as promised the demon face on his paper mask looked a lot scarier than the other ones. 

How did the babies react? Most of them cried and ran away. Kotarou just stood there looking real shocked but Michiyo grabbed the peanuts and she threw it at Kamitani. 

"Demons out! Luck in~!" Michiyo found it hard to grab a whole bunch of peanuts at once so she just threw them one at a time.  

"Hayato, I understand the mask part but why did you bring the bat in?" Ranfa took out a peanut from Michiyo's box and she threw one at his head. 

"I want to look scary." 

"I know, but you're scaring them." 

"Your sister isn't scared." 

"You can't put my sister on the same standard as everyone." 

Ryuuichi took off his mask and he put it back on and off again so the babies know they're not really dealing with demons and it's only a play pretend scenario. 

"See? Even Midori can do it. Now, as you throw the peanuts, you need to chant "Demons out! Luck in!" Okay?" 

"Hai!!!" 

However, Kotarou looked devastated and he started to cry. 

"Nii-cha...demon out...no...no..." The poor baby started to cry. He put the box down first and then he climbed onto Ryuuichi's lap and cried against him. "Wahhh..." He must be thinking demon outing Ryuuichi means banishing him away forever. 

The other babies started to cry upon seeing Kotarou cry. Michiyo on the other hand- 

"How do you open this???" Usaida said peanuts can be eaten even if they're thrown but she's struggling to get it open! She doesn't understand! She threw it as hard as she could against Kamitani's head but the peanut will not open! She's too occupied by the peanut that when she looked at Kotarou, she was confused why he was crying to start with and when she noticed the others were crying, she thought everyone had gone crazy. "Huh? Why is everyone crying?" Usually when kids see their friends cry, the normal reaction would be to join in but she just stood there confused as ever