♥25♥ Strawberry picking

"Nee-chan, look! It's a strawberry! Big and ripe!" Michiyo showed off the huge, red, and juicy strawberry to Ranfa. She looked so proud of herself too. 

"And is that for me to eat?" Ranfa asked her.

"No, I want you to see me eat it~." 

"You're such a tease, Michiyo." 

"Ehehe~." 

The Babysitter's Club were at the Strawberry House during Golden Week. Strawberry Houses were basically all you can eat strawberry farms in Japan. It's open to public and you could eat as many strawberries as you want. You could even have as much condensed milk as you want. The chairwoman invited the families and some of Ryuuichi's close friends too so everyone could harvest strawberries to eat.

"I choose this one, Fafa!" Taka picked out a green strawberry and he ate it. He didn't look so happy when the taste was sour and a little bitter. 

"Why do you always have to be the odd one out? Spit it out." Kamitani put his hand in front of Taka's mouth so his little brother could spit it out, "They tell you to pick the red ones for a reason, you idiot." 

"Taka is the type to be different from everyone else, huh?" Ranfa laughed, "Hayato, come here. The strawberries are huge!" 

"Ah, coming. Here, you idiot, pick these ones." He picked his brother up and plopped him where Michiyo was. 

After sobbing for a while, Taka went back to picking strawberries with his friends. He was even boasting he could teach everyone where the best strawberries were. 

Kamitani noticed something when Ranfa and Michiyo eat strawberries. They would pick out the leaf and then eat from the top instead of the tip of the strawberry. It wasn't just Ranfa and Michiyo, Oikawa and Iwaizumi did the same too. "Ranfa, why are you eating strawberries like that?" 

"Instead of holding the berry by the leafy crown and eating the pointed end first, you do the reverse. Pull off the leaves and eat the entire strawberry, crown-end first, in one bite. This puts the sweetest part of the strawberry, the pointed bottom end, right on the tip of your tongue so you can really savor the berry's flavor." 

"Is that really how it works?"

"Not sure. They said it is in a documentary about strawberry farms. We've been doing it ever since and it became a habit." Ranfa picked out a leaf of a strawberry and she gave it Kamitani, "Eat from the crown." 

He really did do that. He ate it from her hand. 

"Tasty?" 

"Tastes like a strawberry." 

"Haha, you don't say." 

"Hayato-niichama, help Kirin!" Kirin was asking for Kamitani's assistance. She looked like she was looking for something. What was she looking for?

"Picking strawberries?" Kamitani asked, "Here, a red one."

"No! Kirin wants to find white strawberries!" 

"W-white ones?! Aren't those usually covered in mold???" Ranfa was confused with what Kirin's thinking about. 

"No! White strawberries! Mama, phone! Phone!" Her mom came over to her to give her smartphone to Kirin. "Mama, find strawberry video!" 

"Yes, yes. This one, right?" 

Kirin had been watching hack videos. She thought a lot of them were amazing. She felt like they were opening her eyes. She was thinking if she watched them now, she will become a successful adult in no time.