♥26♥ Carp jet

It's May 5th, Children's Day in Japan. A Japanese national holiday which took place annually on May 5th and it's the final celebration in Golden Week. Children's Day was originally known as Boys' Day, Tango no Sekka (Festival of Banners), with girls having their own day, Hinamatsuri (Doll Festival). To lift the spirits of the Japanese people after the Second World War, the Japanese government in 1948 re-named Boys' Day in honor of all children, to celebrate their happiness, wellbeing and progress. 

"The day's celebrated by the flying of koinobori (Carp) flags and kites, especially outside the homes of boys. The flag's made in the shape of a carp fish, which look as if they are swimming when they flutter in the breeze. Because carp known for their ability to swim upstream, they symbolize courage and determination." Iwaizumi was telling little Michiyo about Children's Day as he pulled at the ropes to make the carp flags fly in the air.

"Waiii~! Fishie~!" Michiyo happily said to Iwaizumi, "Ah, but Michiyo is a girl."

"Girls can celebrate this day too." Her father then picked her up with one strong arm, "You said you wanted a carp flag."

"Carp jet." 

"...hah?" 

"I wanted carp jet, Daddy."

Iwaizumi blinked and then he looked up at the carp flags, "Look at the carp flags, Michiyo, isn't it amazing?" 

"Yeah~! It's like it's swimming in the wind! But Daddy, I wanted a carp jet."

Oikawa came out to the backyard, "I made kashiwa mochi~." It's sticky rice cakes filled with red bean jam and wrapped in oak leaves.

"Oikawa made Kashiwa Mochi. Let's eat some." 

"Uwaii~!" She waddled over to Oikawa and she raised her hands, "Oikawa-san and mochi~!" 

"Ohh~, my cute little Michiyo-chan wants a mochi?" 

"Haii~!"

As Michiyo ate a mochi, Iwaizumi looked at Oikawa as if he's Jesus who had come to give salvation to all. 

"Hm? What?" In Iwaizumi's point of view, a holy light shone down upon Oikawa with feathers from angels raining down. Iwaizumi couldn't ask for a better timing for Oikawa to show up! 

"At times like this, I am glad I have you." 

"When you say it like that, Iwa-chan, it's creepy so stop it. I have Hira-chan and you have Shiki-chan. Please don't say things that will make people misunderstand our relationship." Oikawa then noticed Ranfa coming to the backyard too. "Have a mochi, Ranfa." 

"Thanks." 

"The batch you made for Kamitani and his family are wrapped up and boxed. I've picked the prettiest cloth! Say hi to them for me." 

"Will do." Ranfa looked at her sister as she waddled over to Iwaizumi holding a kashiwa mochi. 

"For me?" Iwaizumi asked Michiyo.

"No, I want Daddy to watch me eat it." Because he won't get her a carp jet, she thought she'd punish Iwaizumi. What she doesn't realize was this punishment would hurt her only and not so much an adult.

Iwaizumi smiled at her, "Ah, is that so~? You're such a cute little troll. Oikawa, give me a mochi." 

"I want Iwa-chan to watch me eat it-" 

"Give it here, before I butternut squash your sea coconut!" Because there's a little girl present, all swear words will be omitted by food, fruits, or drinks depending on the mood of the speaker. Also, this had proven just because Michiyo could get away with something it doesn't mean when another person does it they will get away with it with the same result.