♥28♥ Wishes upon a bamboo

The moment Kamitani arrived into the babysitter club's room with Taka hanging down from his shoulder, he saw everyone was busy with papers. What were they doing? It's messy in here. He's secretly wishing no one will ask him to clean up because he really didn't want to do it but if they asked...he will have to do it, won't he?

"What are you guys up to?" He asked as he put Taka down. 

"Good morning, Kamitani. We're just preparing the decorations to put on the bamboo." Ryuuichi greeted his friend and explained why there's a lot of paper in the room. He noticed Kamitani was in the school's baseball uniform. Seemed like he had club activities with the baseball club so he knew Kamitani won't be able to help out much. 

"Oh yeah. Tanabata. That's the one where you write your wishes on a piece of paper and then hang them on the bamboo, right?" Kamitani noticed Michiyo was writing a lot of wishes on her blue papers. "What are you writing, kiddo? I want to eat chocolate, I want to play games, I want to eat lunch...what is all this? These are all things you are already doing." 

Michiyo looked at him as if he had asked something stupid, "It hasn't happened yet so when it happens, I will be very happy it happened."

"Do you even know how wishes work?"

"Are you angry because it's all my wishes, some of them have you too. Like how I wish daddy and Oikawa won't be mad at you." 

"You do realize YOU are the cause behind why they're mad at me, right?" Because she's the one who tattle on him. 

Michiyo blinked innocently, "I don't recall." 

"You and I both know that is a lie." 

"Geez, you're arguing with my sister?" Ranfa came in with a basket full of slightly thick strings. These strings will be used to tie the paper wishes onto the bamboo. "Have you seen my wish?" 

"You made a wish? Which one?" Kamitani honestly did not care about Tanabata but when he heard his girlfriend made a wish, it piqued his interest. "Which one's yours?" 

"The pink one." 

There was only one pink paper tied to the bamboo plat that's sitting in the pot. Japanese people believe the higher up you put your tanabata paper, the more likely it will come true because God will have a better view of it. Kamitani turned the paper to him and he saw her wish. 

"I wish Hayato will take up cooking class- Oi." He looked at Ranfa with the usual deadpanned expression.

"You have a problem, Hayato?" 

"You should know that the moment you made that wish."

"Pouring hot water and wait for 3 minutes is not exactly cooking."

"Sometimes I don't need to do that." 

"Ooh~ you put microwavable food in a microwave and then eat it after you hear a 'ding!' you sure know how to cook." 

"You know I am a junk food guy before we got together, why are you trying to change tha-" 

"Guys who can cook are pretty attractive. There's this reliable aura around them when they step foot in the kitchen."

Kamitani went quiet. "What's the easiest thing to make?" 

"Let's start with egg rolls that you and Taka like so much. Thank you for making my wish come true~." She kissed him on the cheek as a reward. 'He's so easy to read.' She thought to herself. "Then? What are you writing on your wish?" 

"Don't look or it won't come true." 

"You looked at mine and it came true." 

"Yours was already on the bamboo. Give mine a chance, will you? Look, it hasn't even got a hole to put the string through yet." Kamitani really didn't care for such a thing but he did make a wish. He wanted to go to Koshien with the current baseball team.