♥17♥ No hesitation

"Have a think about it, Kamitani-kun! You are a young man with talent for baseball and I think this is something for you to think about!" The faculty advisor of Morinomiya Academy's brother school's baseball team have quite a generous offer for Kamitani Hayato. The advisor told Kamitani he could join the school's baseball team if he was interested. 

"I refuse." No hesitation! He turned it down on the spot! "Please excuse me." 

"W-wait! Kamitani-kun! You would be a great addition to the team! Kamitani-kun! Kamitani-kun!!!" 

When Kamitani opened the door, he saw Ranfa waiting for him, "Let's go~." 

"Ah." 

"You realize your brother will be pissed, right?" 

"What for? I didn't even hit him today." 

"Haha, I like how you make it sound like that's a great achievement of the year. We left in the middle of Hide & Seek, remember? You didn't even bother to find your brother and you left." 

"You left too." 

"I did, but you found Michiyo first." 

"She didn't even attempt to hide." How did Kamitani find Michiyo first? He could hear her eating a cookie under the table. He smiled a little because when he moved the table, Michiyo looked rather shocked when he had found her. Her cheeks were puffy, like a squirrel stuffing as many nuts as possible into their mouth. 

"You should have found your brother before you left." It was very obvious where Ryuuichi, Kotarou, and Taka were because they were all under the same blanket. 

"He will get over it." 

"If you say so." 

As they made their way to the Babsitter's club, he suddenly stopped. 

Ranfa looked back at him and she smiled gently, "You want to talk?" 

"I just want to hear your opinion." 

"Let me hear it." 

Ryuuichi's trying to comfort Taka. Taka's very upset because Kamitani left without bothering to find him. 

"Look on the bright side, Taka, he tried to save you last." Usaida's trying to make Taka less angry and less pouty but that the other's not letting it go.

"Hmph!" 

"It literally only takes a second to lift the sheet away and he didn't even do that..." Ryuuichi's not all that surprised Kamitani would do such a thing in all honesty. He wished Kamitani would have at least say something about leaving for a moment! 

Back with Kamitani and Ranfa, the two of them were talking about what happened in the teacher's office over some snacks and drinks from the vending machine. 

"I see. That's a good offer given to you, Hayato. I heard the brother school is a pretty strong school." 

"Yeah. It would mean I would need to go to school in the next town." 

"You can just bike it or take the train. That'd be great training for you every morning and keeping an eye on timekeeping." 

"I know that, but I turned it down." 

Ranfa suddenly leaned the side of her head on his shoulder, " You know you can trust me to keep an eye on things for you. Your mom, your dad, and even your brother. You know I am willing to keep an eye on them while you go do what you want."