The end of the world

This morning you didn't expect to wake up to find out that by the end of the world, an asteroid would collide with earth and all it's population would die.

But that's what happened. You and Ariana have spent all day together. It's currently 12pm. You're both sat on the floor together in front of the tv.

"Ari?" You ask, your voice cracking a little bit.

"Yeah baby?" She asks, looking directly into your eyes.

"I love you. So so so much and I'm so so happy that i got to spend 5 out of the 25 years of my life with you. It means so so so much to me to know that you're my girlfriend. You could've chosen anybody else but you didn't and i want you to know how much that means to me. I know that neither of us have had a long life and we didn't get the wedding we wanted but I'm glad I'm here with you. You mean the world to me and i couldn't have thought of a better person to spend the end of my life with. Who woulda thought, we actually did spend the rest of our lives together."

She has tears freely rolling down her face.

"I picked you because i wanted you. You're the one i pictured spending the rest of my life with and i have. So i think it's mission accomplished."

You both share a long kiss.

"The suicide toll is sky rocketing. With about 10 suicides a minute of people not wanting to die because of the asteroid. To everyone listening to us or watching us on your tv's, please stay safe the best you can. These final hours will be the hardest."

You turn off the tv.

Some time passes and it's 11:55pm. 5 minutes until the asteroid is expected to hit.

"Ariana i want you to know that no matter what happens, we'll be together wherever we end up. I just hope you know that." You say.

You turn on the tv.

"With the final hurdle coming, we here at channel five want you to know that it's been an honour to be apart of your lives."

When the timer starts the 10 second countdown, you both kiss wanting to spend the final minutes of your lives kissing.

"I love you." You whisper.
"I love you too." Ariana whispers.

When the timer hits zero, you both brace for impact in a tight hug with your dogs.

"It's gunna be okay guys. We'll all be together after this." You say.

You both look at the tv.

"The asteroid missed." The guy says.

Your eyes widen.

"The asteroid missed. Not by far. We've just been informed that the asteroid that was supposed to wipe out humanity, missed. We're all gunna live!"

You and Ariana share a tight hug.

"I love you so so much."

I didn't want it ending with the world blowing up. Happy endings here. Also this is loosely based on the 'One last time' music video. Watched it for the first time in 5 years.