Cancer

Just before we start, if you're not okay with cancer related situations for whatever reason, you dont have to read any further than here. That's the warning. If you're not okay with it, dont read ahead. I'm not forcing you to read it. Love yall.

You, Ariana and your 4 year old son called Lukey are sat together on the field. Since it's been like a thousand degrees in the UK, where you live, you're all spending a day out together.

"Ari, baby, will you watch the stuff while i quickly go get something from the car?" You ask Ariana, your wife of 3 years.

"Of course." Ariana says.

You smile. You both share a kiss and you jump up to go to the car.

While you're going to the car, Ariana notices how strange Lukey is being.

"Monkey?" Ariana asks.

He looks at Ariana. His face is pale. He looks like he's about to pass out. And he does. Ariana manages to catch him before he hits the floor. Tears streaming down her face, she scans around looking for you. She spots you and you smile. She looks distressed so you run over to see Lukey passed out in Ariana's arms.

"Ari what happened?" You ask, while packing everything away.

"I dont know but we need to get him to the hospital." She says.

You lift the stuff up and you both go to the car. Ariana sits with Lukey in the back. You drop all the shit into the boot and you get into the car. You start driving.

When you get to the hospital, you both jump out of the car. Lukey is still passed out. You take Lukey and run inside.

"I need a doctor please!"

A few doctors run over and start asking questions while putting him on a bed.

The take him off and you both get stuck in the waiting room. You call your sister to comfort Ariana while you pace. So she's doing that. You dont wanna sit down.

"Y/n?" Perrie asks.

You grumble.

"How long do you think he'll be?" She asks.

"I dunno. I hope it's soon because my little boy means the world to me." You say.

Ariana looks at you. You dont notice obviously.

"Whether or not he's my biological son is besides the point. I love him like he is my biological son and that's all that matters for me." You say.

Hours and hours pass before a doctors takes you and Ariana to a side room.

"Well? Is my boy okay or not doc?" You ask.

He looks between you both and sighs.

"I'm so sorry to have to tell you this but he has cancer. Leukaemia." The doctors says.

Your eyes water up.

"No. You're lying to me. Please, please tell me my boy doesn't have cancer. I'm begging you." You say.

"I am so so sorry. But I'm telling you the truth." He says.

Tears fall freely down your face. Before Ariana gets to say anything to you, you walk off. Perrie spots you.

"Y/n?"

You ignore her and keep walking. When out of the hospital, you pace for a minute before sitting down, pulling your knees into your chest and crying. Perrie and Ariana out after you.

"Y/n, baby." Ariana says.

You look up at her. She's never seen you cry before. Never seen you this... this vulnerable looking.

She opens her arms. You stand up and hug her. You cry onto her shoulder. Which results in her crying too. Which results in Perrie joining you cos she's also crying.

After about 10 minutes, you all go back inside and go visit Lukey. You stop just outside his room.

"You girls go first. I wanna talk to him alone." You say.

They nod. You stay outside for about 20 minutes before they leave. You walk in and they listen to you talking to him.

"Heya monkey."

He smiles at you.

"Y/n/n!!" He says.

He stands up in his bed and hugs you. You hug back. When he notices that there's something wrong with you, he pulls back from the hug and studies your face.

"What's wrong? Have Y/n been crying?" He asks.

You sit down on his bed and he sits down.

"Do you know why you're in the hospital monkey?" You ask.

"Mr doctor man said i was not very well and that i needed help. Then he gave me a lollipop." Lukey says.

"Well, Mr doctor man told me and mama the reason you're ill. I'm gunna tell you but i need you to promise me one thing."

He nods.

"I need you to promise me that you'll continue to be my brave little monkey. Okay?" You ask.

He nods again.

"Mr doctor man told me and mama that you have Leukaemia. Do you know what that is?" You ask.

He shakes his head.

"Well, it's something that makes you very ill. And there's special treatments for it. Me and mama are gunna help you get them treatments okay monkey?"

"I have a Leukaemia?"

"Yeah. But, you're gunna be okay aren't you? Cos you're my brave little knight. And this is the battle that you have to get through to get your princess." You say.

He smiles.

"I'm a strong knight! And I'm gunna get my princess!" He announces.

Then he frowns and looks at you.

"But what if it isn't a princess?" He asks.

You frown.

"What do you mean monkey?" You ask.

"What if i want a prince?" Lukey asks.

"Well then you can have a prince. You could have a prince. You could have a princess. Whatever you want." You say.

He smiles and hugs you.

"I love you Lukey. So so much." You say.

He giggles.

"I wuv you too!!"

You smile. You hear a few sniffles coming from behind you. Apparently, so does Lukey. So you both turn around and see Ariana and Perrie wiping tears away from their faces.

They walk into the room and sit on his bed. You all group hug.

You and Ariana are gunna help the best you can to help him battle through it. Because that's what good parents do.

Idk why but it hit hard. Maybe it's cos it's a kid. Anyway. Sorry for the lack of updates lately!!