Just the way you are

Ariana is stood in the bathroom just staring at herself in the mirror. Tears streaming down her face. Then, you walk in. Making her jump.

"Sorry baby. I didn't realise you were in here." You say.

She sniffles.

"It's okay. Dont worry." She mumbles.

Which makes you frown. Cos she never mumbles. Like at all.

"What's wrong bubs?" You ask.

"Nothing. Dont worry. I'm okay. Just tired." She says.

She manages to walk past you into the bedroom without you seeing her face. You quickly go to the toilet but cop for her phone on the sink with Instagram open. You finish up on the toilet, wash your hands and grab her phone. You look at Instagram and see a fuck load of comments telling her she's fat, telling her she's ugly and a fuck load of other horrible things.

You turn her phone off, put it in your pocket and walk into the bedroom. She's layed cuddling a pillow, crying her eyes out. You put her phone on the bedside unit and lay on the bed next to her. You wrap your arms tightly around her waist and cuddle her. She rolls over in your arms, lays her head on your shoulder and cries until she has no tears left to cry.

When she's no longer crying, you dont move, but you decide to bring it up.

"Baby, what happened? Talk to me." You say.

"I-it's just that..... things.... people..... i just...."

She breaks again. You hold her tightly, rub her back with one hand and lightly pull the other hand soothingly through her hair.

"It's okay. You're okay. I promise." You say.

When she manages to calm herself, she sits up. You sit up and wipe the tears from her eyes.

"Talk to me princess. Take as much time as you need." You say.

You notice her hands shaking.

"Hey. Hey. Bubba, hold my hands to keep you calm." You say.

She nods. She takes your hands into hers and fiddles with them until she's ready to talk to you. And you allow her to take as long as she needs. It's pointless rushing her because the more you rush her, the longer she'll take and you respect her as you should. When she's ready to talk, she's ready to talk.

"Lately, over the last week, people have been leaving nasty comments on my pictures and pictures i put of us two on my account. They've been saying thinks like 'Y/n can do better' and 'ew Ariana you look so ugly lately', 'Y/n picked the wrong person', 'If i was Y/n i would tell Ariana just how ugly, fat and stupid she is and i'd break up with her' and other stuff like that. And i believe all of it. I mean you can do so much better and you deserve someone so much prettier and..... skinnier and.... smarter than me. It's-"

"Stop. Just stop." You say.

She looks up from your hands to you.

"Just stop. Okay. What the people are saying in the comments is bulshit. You're not fat. You're pretty. You're not too skinny. You're the perfect weight. You're fucking amazing. I couldn't do any better. I wont choose anybody else. My heart chose you. My heart took one look at you and knew that you were the one for me and my fucking god did i get lucky. If anything, you could do better than me. Dont ever let any of those comment affect you. You should see how many comments per video, photo and fucking live i get telling me I'm not good enough for you. But i dont believe them. You're amazing, just the way you are. Okay?" You say.

She nods. You place a soft kiss on her lips and you both lay down. She cuddles up into you.

"I love you. So so so much." You say.

She goes red and smiles.

"I love you too. So so so much." She says.

And just like that, you both fall asleep.