Cowboys

Set in the cowboy era. Enjoy :)

Ariana's pov

Y/n Y/l/n. The most feared cowgirl. Yeah. Cowgirl. That's something you've never heard before. A woman, the most feared horse riding human. But literally, everyone is scared of her.

Right now, I'm sat drawing on a hill. I hear a horse come up behind me. Expecting it to be my best friend Matt, i turn and see Y/n. My heart drops to my stomach and my stomach drops to my ass.

"Well well. Who are you?" She asks.

"I-I-"

She jumps down off her horse and pulls out her revolver. It's gold. Quite pretty but not when it's aimed at me.

"Well? Who are you."

"Ar-Ariana." I say.

"Last name."

"Grande."

She nods. She stands in front of me and i lean back. She points the gun at me. I'm gunna die. I'm gunna die. I'm gunna die!

"Stand up." She says.

I stand up. I'm so scared. She nods and lowers her gun. I let out a deep and shakey breath.

"You live in that town down there?" She asks, pointing her gun at it.

I look behind me and nod.

"Yeah but please please, I'm begging you, dont hurt them." I say.

"What makes you think I'm gunna hurt them? I only asked a question." She says.

She puts her gun away and sits by the edge, her feet dangling over.

"This yours?" She asks, pointing at my book.

She looks at me. I nod. I sit down next to it. Before i get to continue my drawing, she takes it and flips through the pages.

Please pleeeease dont find the picture i drew of you

"This one is of me." She says.

She found it..... damn it....

She looks at me.

"Yeah....."

"It's good. You got the horse on point." She says.

She continues flicking through them. Then another horse comes up behind us. We turn and see another cowboy. Y/n stands up and pulls out her revolver.

"Go." She demands.

The cowboy pulls his revolver out and points it at me.

"Why me?!"

Y/n stands in front of me.

"Nuh uh. You're issue is with me." She says.

He shakes his head.

"No. It's with her." He says.

Y/n looks at me.

"What exactly did you do?" Y/n asks.

"Nothing." I say.

"I'm taking out the Grande family. They've been a thorn in my family's side for too long." He says.

I stand up.

"Dont tell me you-"

"You're the first on my checklist." He says.

Y/n points her revolver at him.

"Yeah well. You're gunna have to get through me before you get to her." Y/n says.

"Okay. I'll do that." He says.

He shoots Y/n's arm. She drops her revolver. I pick it up and shoot the guy. Then i drop it. Y/n picks it up and shoots him in the head. Since i only got him in the leg. I look at Y/n's arm.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

She nods. She goes to her horse, puts her revolver away and reaches into the pouch. Scissors? And some form of tweaser things. She cuts her shirt sleeve and tries to get the bullet with the tweasers.

"Damn it."

"Lemme get it." I say.

I take the tweasers and stand at the wound. I put on hand on her shoulder and use the other for the tweasers. I pull out the bullet and drop it on the floor.

"There. Done." I say.

I take the scissors and put them and the tweasers in the pouch on the horse. I grab the bandages and put them around the wound. Then i put the remaining bandages away.

"Thanks." She says.

She pulls down her sleeve and sits back at the edge. I sit next to her.

"What made you decide to stand in front of me? You dont like people." I say.

"Correction. I hate people. But it's cos you were defenseless and weaponless and it's not exactly fair. Plus, i can tell by how you were sat you dont do confrontation." Y/n says.

I nod.

"Yeah i dont like it." I say.

"You're not a 'cowboy'. We're good at confrontation." Y/n says.

"I gathered." I say.

Y/n smiles. What surprises me is that we sit here and talk for so long. She's actually really nice.

"Why dont you join me?" She asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Become a 'cowboy'. It's really fun getting to just ride around on your horse." Y/n says.

"I wouldn't even know where to start." I say.

"Lucky for you, i do." Y/n says.

She offers her hand to me. I take it and she helps me up onto her horse.

"Hold on tight." She says.

I put my arms around her waist.

"Oh oh wait."

I jump off the horse and grab my book and pen.

"Put em in the pouch. They wont get lost that way." Y/n says.

I do as she suggests and put them in the horse pouch and get back on the horse. We go into her town and she takes me into a shop. This town is predominantly cowboys. So this is a cowboy shop I'm guessing. We decide on an outfit for me to wear. I buy it, after a solid 5 minutes of arguing over it, and change into it. It's quite comfy. Then she takes me into a gun shop to buy me, obviously, a gun.

She buys me a revolver. This time instead of spending 5 minutes arguing over it, we spent 10 minutes and came to the decision i would buy it. But she just so happened to sneak the money to the guy while we were arguing. The gun comes with some bullets and the final call is to get me a horse. Which we do.

This is gunna be fun. I'm looking forward to what my future is now. Maybe we can be the most feared cowgirls together.

I've been working on this for a few days cos i compleetely forgot it existed. Anyways. Thoughts?