Break up

Your pov

"Y/n are you home?!" Ariana, my girlfriend of 4 years and fiancee of 1 year, calls.

I walk upstairs and into our bedroom. I smile and sit on the bed.

"Can i have a hug?" I ask.

She nods and opens her arms. I hug her and pull her onto my lap. I place a soft kiss on her neck and then one on her lips.

"I love you. So much." I say.

She looks like she feels guilty about something.

"I love you too." She says.

I frown.

"You okay baby?" I ask.

She nods. Then shakes her head.

"Yes? No? What's wrong?" I ask.

"I need to talk to you about something really important and i just need you to listen." She says.

"Okay. Talk away." I say.

She climbs off my lap and pulls out my backpack. I frown. It looks full. Then i notice she isn't wearing her engagement ring. Which makes my frown bigger.

"Ari where's your ring?" I ask.

She looks at her hand and sighs.

"I've been thinking lately Y/n and i think it would be better for us if we were just friends." She says.

"What?"

There's no way she's being serious.

"Are you being serious?" I ask.

She nods and sits facing me on our bed.

"But we were absolutely fine earlier baby. Tell me what i did and whatever it is, I'll never do it again. Just please don't break up with me." I say.

"It's not just you Y/n. Lately we've just been groing further apart and i know you know it too." She says.

I feel my eyes water up.

Not once has she looked at me.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you think we'd be better off as just friends." I say, only just managing to get 'friends' out.

She looks me dead in the eyes.

"I think we'd be better off as friends." She says, fiddling with the lace on her trousers.

I bite my lip.

"But....but we're supposed to get married and grow old together Ari. Please dont do this." I beg.

"I'm sorry Y/n. I packed most of the gifts i found that you gave me into your backpack." She says.

She passes me my backpack and i look in it. In there is the jar of things i love about her. The necklace i got her on our first anniversary. Her engagement ring.

"Ari, baby, please. We... we could work something out. You dont have to end us." I say, basically begging.

"There's nothing we can do Y/n." She says.

"What is it? Is it something you dont like about me? Because i can change it. Whatever it is about me that you dont like, I'll change. I promise. Or.... or... or... or I'll stay withmy mum for a while to give you some time to cool off and stay away from me for a while." I say.

She shakes her head.

"We can still be friends Y/n." She says.

"No. I want you as my girl. My wife. You're my whole life Ari. Please dont leave me."

I take her hands into mine but she retracts them. She's crying.

"Do you want me to leave?" I ask.

She nods. I nod. I grab my important things, like my backpack, some clothes, a toothbrush and toothpaste, my phone and my car keys. Oh and my charger.

"I love you Ari. And if you decide you've changed your mind, I'm just a phone call away." I say.

Just before i leave our room, she says something.

"What?" I ask.

"It was a prank." She says.

"W-I-You- what?"

"I'm not breaking up with you. It's a prank. On your camera." She says.

"Where is it then?" I ask, not believing what she's saying.

She sits me on our bed and points my head towards the curtain. There stands my camera. I stand up and go over. I grab it and it's filming.

"Why would you think of doing this?" I ask, putting my camera back at the curtain.

"Paybacks a bitch baby."

"What?"

"This is for your last prank on me." She says.

I frown. Then remember that i did prank her last.

"Fair enough. But that's mean. Why that prank?" You ask.

She shrugs.

"Why not."

I laugh and shake my head. I'm definitely getting her back for this one.

Couldn't make it a real break up.