Chapter 39 - Finding Gelda

- 3 months later -

Everyone was downstairs, each clad in armor and holding a bag or satchel. The time was roughly 4:36AM, so most of them were still dragging their feet a little.

They had recently found where Gelda was (I haven't read all of the manga so don't judge). So it was instantly decided that they would go and free her as soon as possible.

Melody couldn't understand why they couldn't wait till after she gave birth since she was now 9 months pregnant and due any day, But she wasn't about to ruin this for her uncle - whom she respects and admires greatly.

"Good luck." She spoke softly and kindly before kissing her boyfriend. "Make sure to come back as soon as you free her."

"Thank you, I promise I will."

"I love you...Helbram." Melody fake smiled and looked down at her trembling hands, then back up into his yellow eyes.
The girl was trying to be more peaceful and levelheaded, but there was still that fear that seemed to fill her entire being and cause her to shake uncontrollably.
Helbram took her shaking hands and kissed them softly.

"You don't need to worry, I'll make it back in time, I already promised you that." He grinned and knelt down, putting both hands on her stomach. Melody's face heated up as everyone observed the young couple. "Daddy promises he'll be there, forever and always." The fairy then planted a gently kiss onto her stomach and then stood up - coming face to face with a flustered Melody.

"He-Helbram! They're watching!" The demoness hissed at him and then crossed her arms; turning away and puffing out her blazing cheeks.

"Who cares, they don't. So why should we?" He had a point, one that she could not deny.

"It's just...I'm still not used to...this." She pointed at her stomach.

"You shouldn't stress right now, I'll be back soon. Just remember that we're a team, you're not at anytime alone." Helbram pushed up some of her bangs with his hand and pecked her forehead. "I love you❤."

"I love you too." She mumbled while blushing profusely.

"See you soon, Lody." The fairy smiled and then suddenly ran off to go meet up with the others.

"So annoying." She muttered under her breath, a cheeky smile plastered on her flushed face.

"Hey kiddo..." A short, blonde midget called as he walked over to her.

"H-hey Dad." She answered him with almost no expression while trying desperately to not laugh at his armor and how strange he looked wearing it.

"I can tell that you're trying not to laugh. Am I really that short."

"YES~!" Ban yelled from across the room which caused everyone to start laughing.

"Wasn't asking you, dumb ass!" Meliodas yelled back at a half drunk Ban - a smile evident on his childish face.

"Seriously, for once I thought this conversation would be normal and maybe even emotion, buuuut...no." Her shoulders slumped after she finished the sentence and she sighed
"Why would it be?"

"Lody, do any of us seem normal to you." He chuckled warmly which made her eyes light up.

"I mean, my dads the first born demon prince, but sadly a midget. My uncle is also a midget and a demon prince. I'm a demon as well, who is in love with a fairy. Plus no one here is with a person from their own clan."

"Did you have to put in the part about us being midgets?" Meliodas and Zeldris said in unison.

She put her hands on her hips."Yes, very much so."

"Hehe, you are mean." Zeldris laughed and put his hand on her shoulder. "Very mean."

"Okay, I get it." She brushed his hand off. "Don't you guys need to go soon?"
Zeldris nodded to Meliodas and then left them alone by leaving the tavern with everyone else.

Meliodas's eyes softened and he smiled kindly at his daughter.
"I told them to wait for a bit longer, so just forget all of that for a second, I need to have a heart to heart talk with you."

"Wait like...right now?" She asked plainly with a confused expression. "Do you wanna go upstairs or stay he-"

"Quit stalling. We can talk right here, no one's in here anymore, they just went outside." He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Look, I know I wasn't there for you as much as you would have liked, but I want you to know that I'm always here so if anything goes wrong while we're away, then I need you to let me know."
Mel cupped her cheek, his eyes were so softly that she could see the memories and thoughts playing in his eyes as if they were mirrors. "I never got to tell you much about your mother and I'm really sorry, I was selfish and thought that alcohol could help fill that hole, but what I really needed was right in front of me this whole time." He slowly removed his hand and crossed his arms. "I wish that I had had the time to tell your sister. That is one of my biggest regrets in life. Another is not forming a proper bond with you when you two were younger."

"..." Melody opened her mouth, but just ended up shutting it again. She was at a complete loss for words at this point.

"Can't say anything...I understand, just take some time to process it. We can always talk when I get back." Meliodas chuckled while turning and putting his hands behind his head like usual.

"Dad...Wait!" Melody clenched her jaw and reached out; grabbing his wrist and stopping him from leaving. "Do I really look like her?"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Like the day I met her...beautiful and determined." He looked into her eyes with ancient sorrow. "You are her daughter, no doubt about it."

"I wish I could have met her..." The young girl played with the hem of her dress while trying not to look at her father.

"Me too...she would have loved you."
Meliodas then cleared his throat and spun on his heels. "I better go now, the others are waiting for me." His nonchalant tone returned and he began walking away, but he only took three steps forward before he was tacked into a hug by Melody; her arms were wrapped around his chest and her face was buried in his shoulder.

"Look after yourself, dad."

He placed his hand on her forearm. "Sure thing, kiddo."

----------------------

Melody sighed as she waved them goodbye, silently praying that they would all return rather sooner than later.

But a smile still crept up onto her face as she remembered her fathers words. She would have loved you.

She wished that her mother was smiling down upon her, but she knew that was impossible because of the curse - even if Elizabeth did meet her, she wouldn't recognise her. She wouldn't even know.

One day, she's going to see her...one day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't worry, next chapter will be full of more drama, just you wait!