The good-bye

First, you guys deserve a meme! ❤❤ But also Hello my lovely readers and also the people who act like they aren't reading ma lemonés 😆

This is not another one of those 'Authors notes' bullshit, no. I'm just saying hi before I start this shitty chapter. Please enjoy anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ZELDRIS POV

It was early Saturday morning, it was time for me to leave.

I Shoved my stuff back into the small bag that I brought and got ready to go downstairs and say good bye.
I hoped that everything would be okay, knowing how my brother was, he was super overprotective of his daughters. 'Please, just don't do anything stupid.' I hoped that if not for himself, then maybe for them.
But I knew that I was wrong, very wrong.

I made my way down the stairs and into the dimly lit bar, I looked around a bit, noticing that melody, Eliza and Meliodas were already down there. "So, I guess you're going now?"
My brother stepped towards me, doing his iconic, folding his arms behind his head thing. His voice displaying no emotion what so ever - but it wasn't cruel or anything, just in the same way he always talks. He acts like he doesn't have a care in the world. "Yeah, I can't waste anymore time, I know that she's waiting for me, relying on me."
I sighed, but didn't let sadness creep onto my face. If they saw, they'd probably think something was wrong and it was, but I'm not the kind of 'share your emotions guy.'
"Uncle Zel, I know that you won't let her down, Cuz you're the kind of guy that keeps trying until you succeed, so don't worry."
Eliza spoke softly, just like Elizabeth used to, except her voice wasn't as dainty as hers.
I smiled at her, this time it was genuine.
She walked towards me and embraced me in a tight hug.
"..." She didn't say anything, but simply pulled out of the hug and gave me a warm smile before quickly taking her place besides her sister.

I looked over at Melody, not expecting her to hug me - she never was the hugging type - She likes her personal space. Every time I would visit, she would awkwardly stand off to the side and just say a simple 'good bye' or 'see you next time,' but this time she surprised me.

She quickly walked over to me and flung her arms around my neck, I didn't refuse the opportunity, instead I wrapped my arms around her in a warm embrace - this was probably the first time I had hugged her since she was 4.

"I never say this, but, I love you uncle Zel." Her words caught me off guard, as well as Meliodas and Eliza.
I looked over at them, confusion was evident on both their faces, as well as mine, I responded to her sudden burst of affection.
"I love you too Melody."
Was all I could say before I continued to stare at my brother and niece with disbelief.
I was still in shock, it was so out of character for her. 'Since when had she become so affectionate?'  Was all I could think.

She suddenly whispered in my ear.
"He's not okay, what he's telling you is a lie, he needs help." Her words were filled with concern. I looked at her, was he really not okay?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the shitty and confusing chapter 😢😢