Chapter 41 - Love

- Melody Pov -

As I was drying my hair off, I noticed something on the ground. The small object had caught my eye and there was no way that I could just forget about it, so like a normal person would do, I tried to pick it up. Failing miserably and groaning in defeat.
"Why does it have to be this way?" I huffed as I put my hands on my hips. The small object glinted in the sunlight, taunting me. "Fuck you, I'm going back to bed." Frustrated and grumpy, I shuffled over to the bed and sat down. legs crossed.

Then I heard the front door open. Fucking great! The uncultured swine is back to annoy me!
"MELODY!" Hawk called from downstairs as he trotted into the tavern

"What!?" I called back to the pig with an undertone of irritation.

"THE OTHERS SENT A MESSAGE! THEY SAID THEY'LL BE BACK IN 6-7 DAYS!" My heart sank as I realized that I would have to sleep alone for a week. I was also scared because Helbram might miss the birth of our child and I didn't want that.

"Okay..." I whispered sadly to myself and threw the towel to the ground, feeling miserable and tired. Fuck this, I'm bored.

I forced myself to get up and go downstairs.

The pain was still present which was causing me a lot of trouble and discomfort. I had gotten down 3 steps when something suddenly tightened in my midsection. The contractions were back. I gasped and grabbed the wooden railing, cracking it with an insane amount of force. I took in a deep breath and shakily took one more step, all the while looking for the large, pink pig.
"H-hey Hawk!" I yelled to the pig that was meant to be waiting at the bottom of the stairs. "I think I just had a c-contraction, but I'm not sure. Maybe they start a few d-days before the actual birth." Still no response. That little shit, did he really leave me alone again!? I scoffed and turned to go back up the stairs. I'm all on my own here!

--------------------

- Helbram Pov -

- time skip 10:pm -

"So what do ya guys wanna talk about?" Meliodas asked while glancing at everyone that was seated around the camp fire.

I raised my hand while looking directly at him. Mel simply nodded.

I looked at my other, shaking hand and tried to control my breathing. "Well...". I coughed and then went on. "As you can all tell, I'm really stressed and n-nervous right now. I know that this is important to you Zeldris, but Melody is all alone. W-what if she-"

Ronan put his hand on my shoulder and shook his head.
"Calm down, she'll be fine. It's the captain we're talking about here!" He reassured and then slapped me on the back; almost shattering my spine in the process.

"Ow! That really hurt!" I whined while rubbing my back and glaring at the smirking bastard.

"But it made you feel better? Didn't it?" He chuckled warmly.

"Nope, I'm still fucking terrified."

"Helbram, I'm proud of you for caring so much about Melody, but you need to focus on the mission." My dad interjected. I couldn't believe he just said that!

My jaw tightened and I clenched my fists.
"But, she could go into labour at any second and I won't be there. I won't be there to comfort her, to hold her hand or to tell her I love her-" I blurted out before someone interrupted me again by hitting me across the back of the head.

"Stop acting like a little bitch and concentrate on completing the task! We'll be back in 7 days, Hawk and Melody would have received the message by now so they'll be fine." Killia barked aggressively and then slapped me across the back of the head again, just because she felt like it.

"Fuck off! Can't you tell that I'm a mess right now?!" I yelled at my stupid, annoying bitch of a cousin and then grabbing my hair with both hands. I couldn't think straight, all I could do was stare at the ground and worry about my girlfriend and kid.

Meliodas suddenly cleared his throat, making me look up at him with an emotionless stare. " If anything happens to her, then Hawk will send a message." He gazed into the fire blankly. "If that's the case, then you and I will need to go back." I nodded.

"That sounds good. I like that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Worst shit I've ever written, none of it made sense!