Chapter something

- no ones Pov -

That very morning Melody went to see Merlin, just as her father had instructed. She was both depressed and terrified because she knew that Merlin would find out about the...thing.

She decided to sneak out of bed, but not wanting to wake her precious boyfriend and soulmate. She really enjoyed being so close to him - his arm was wrapped around her stomach, keeping her close to his body.
She gently removed his arm and then shuffled out of bed, she snuck over to where her hoodie lay forgotten on the floor and threw it on.

She lightly clapped her hands before quietly leaving the room.

Melody stealthily crept through the dark corridors of the rather large Boar Hat, the sun was still to make an appearance over the horizon and the Tavern was dark. Not even a single candle had been left burning.
She rounded a corner, almost running into someone.

"Aaah! Oh! Sorry Melody." King apologized while taking a few deep breathes, placing a hand over his heart. Melody on the other hand was completely unaffected by his sudden appearance and just looked at him with a dull expression.
He noticed her glumness and instantly felt bad. "I'm sorry...Melody. I know why you're up, I couldn't sleep eith-."

"Oh no, it's...it's not that. I'm just going to see Merlin, that's all." She replied, a small grin spread across her delicate face, but there was a glint of searing pain in her dull green eyes that said otherwise. He didn't speak, but instead looked away in thought. A thick silence hung in the air until Melody decided to break it. "Well, I guess I'll be going now, don't keep Diane waiting too long!." She chuckled softly while turning and slowly walking away.

"You know, Helbram loves you a lot...He's worried about you and to be honest, we all are. I hope that you can realize that...that...That we all love you Melody." He whispered, turning to leave.
Until he gets grabbed by the arm.

"Thank you, King..." She let's him go.
"I really appreciate it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melody lightly knocked on the mages door, not wanting to wake her, but also wanting to make this as secretive as possible.
The door creaked open and a well manicured hand motioned for her to enter.

"So, I'm guessing you came on the captains request?" She sighed.
"Do you have any idea what time it is, Melody?" She seemed extremely frustrated, maybe coming to see her wasn't such a great idea.

"Yes, and I'm sorry, but I really needed to see you, ya see -".

" I know why you came, just lie down on my bed so I can examine you." She ordered. Glaring daggers at the girl for waking her so early.

Melody didn't waste a second and quickly hopped onto the bed.

"Now, I'm going to need you to stay perfectly still. Can you do that?"

"Yes."

"Good. This won't hurt a bit." Merlin reassured while waving her hand over the girls body.

At first she didn't feel anything, but then there was a sudden wave of warmth and calm that washed over her. Making her visibly relax.
A bright green light emanated from the mages palms as they hovered over a very particular place. Merlin looked up at Melody with a curious expression.

"Mind if I lift up your shirt?" She suddenly tensed back up again as the mage went to grab the cloth that covered her midsection.

"I'd rather not, it's kind of cold in here, don't ya think?" She brushed the mages hand away from her hoodie and sat up. "I better go back to bed anyway, see ya tomorrow." She went to move but the mage grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her back down onto the bed.

"Honestly child, you are so much like your father it's actually infuriating sometimes. Judging by your reaction, you're hiding something...what is it?"

The girl quickly clutched the bed sheets painfully, sorrowfully. But made no move to answer the older woman's question.

"Are you pregnant?"

"I don't want to tell you, I can't, you'll tell him and he'll do something to us, to Helbram or the Baby. I don't really care what happens to me, just please, don't tell my father." She cried while hugging her knees, the mage had never seen the girl so fragile, it hurt her and she couldn't bring herself to be mad.

"I won't..." Merlin pulled Melody into a hug and stroked her hair. "You're safe."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why do I always have to make them depressing!?