Why now?

NO POV

Meliodas and the other sins had gotten word of a nearby village that was under attack by the ten commandments, so naturally they had to go and check it out.
Melody had ordered the Saviours to be on high alert and to keep an eye on their opponents. She wasn't prepared to loose anyone today, she wasn't prepared to loose anyone, full stop!
Melody walked up to her father and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hey, dad?" She spoke softly while looking anywhere but his eyes, mainly cause he was in his demon form and she didn't want to see the apparent anger that was written all over his face. "Can...I talk to you?" She felt so weak, not being able to fight. But it was for the baby, so she was fine with it.

(Na! I'm adding a Melody POV)

MELODY POV

"Yeah? What is it?" He questioned.

"Well? I can't fight, cuz I haven't been feeling very good lately, can I just sit this one out?" I looked him in the eyes.

"Why? What's wrong!?" He cupped my cheeks as he studied my face.

"I just feel...tired." I whispered as I removed his hands from my face. "I just need to sleep." I gave a half smile as he studied me further. I suddenly got this disgusting feeling in my stomach as I felt his eyes burning into mine.

"Go upstairs and sleep, I'll get Merlin to check up on you later." He spoke with a firm tone, as if he knew that I was lying.

"I'm fine, really, I just need some rest."
I gave a nervous chuckle as he gave me that look that said. 'Really??? Are you sure about that? ' I rolled my eyes and turned on my heels. "I'm gonna go upstairs now, see ya later. Also..." I turned around quickly, my eyes now an onyx black like his. "If you let Helbram or anyone else die, then I'll have your head." I growled in a dangerously low tone. He stepped back a bit and slowly nodded his head.

"I'll make SURE that no one gets hurt!" And with that he left the tavern, along with everyone else. Apart from Helbram and I.

We waited until the others were far enough away from the bar until he hastily walked up to me and embraced me in a protective hug, which I returned almost instantly.
"Melody? I love you." He whispered into my ear. "So if I die..." His voice started to break and I instantly pulled out of the hug and looked him in the eyes, only to find that he was crying.

I looked at him with shock and compassion. "Helbram, please, don't cry." I gently reached up to his face and wiped the fresh tears away with the pad of my thumb.
"And please, don't EVER! say you're going to die! Cuz I know your stronger than that." I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck and gave him a chaste kiss. "I love you, Helbram, so, I'll say this again. Please, just be safe!"  I hugged him again and breathed in his daffodil scent.

"I know, I just...don't want to leave you and the baby alone." He whispered into my golden hair. "And now that your 3 months pregnant it's going to get a lot harder for you to conceal your bump." He slowly let me go and walked behind the bar. There was a brief moment of silence until he emerged again. He strode back over to me and gave me what looked like an oversized black hoodie. "Here, it'll help hide it better." He smiled softly as I pulled it over my head.

"It's perfect, did you make this?" I looked at him affectionately as a slight blush decorated his slightly pale cheeks.

"Yeah." He scratched the back of his head. He's so cute when he's nervous, oh my god I fucking love this boy!
I placed a hand on my stomach and looked up at him with so much love and sorrow.

"Please, just promise me that you'll come back safely!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...*cough* shit
I'm such a bad writer, but for some reason I'm sorts proud of this chapter.