Chapter 42 - Fangs

- Helbram Pov -

3 days later and we had already arrived at the location.

It was hard getting to it because we had to climb down a bit, well...for those who couldn't fly. The seal was completely black and surrounded by endless malice and from within we could sense a deadly aura emanating from it.

Everyone was gathered around it, silently gawking at it's size.

Suddenly Killua kicked a rock, stuffing her hands in her pocket and sighing.
"So? What do we do now?" She whined.

"Be quiet, I'm trying to think." Zeldris snapped with his eyes close and hands held out in front of him.
She stuck her tongue out and stared mumbling things under her breath. I shook my head as I watched my cousin act like a little kid. But I was also curious about Zeldris's strange behaviour.

So wanting to find out, I poked Meliodas on the arm to get his attention. "What's he doing?" I whispered to the blonde demon next to me.
He shrugged, not bothering to give me a verbal response. Okaaaaay...what is going on? I thought to myself.

I snapped my attention back to Zeldris. There was a sudden light coming from Zeldris's hands and he opened his mouth to say something
"By using the power of the demon king, I shall break this seal!" He took in a deep breath. "imperium!" Almost immediately after the ground began to shake like mad; several rocks began tumbling down the steep slop, shattering as they hit the ground.

Suddenly the seal began releasing an intense amount of Malice which made it blow purple and lash out aggressively. Eventually the malice stopped and the seal broke apart, the darkness completely gone. In the middle of the whole ceremony thing, I had closed my eyes to shield them from the dust, so when I opened them I was stunned and shocked. There was a woman standing where the seal once was. She had blonde hair that was neatly woven into a graceful side braid, she wore a golden dress that went down to the ground - it had really strange shoulder pads, but I didn't question it. And lastly she had fangs. Big pointy fangs.

"Gelda..." Zeldris began crying as he gazed upon his lover.

- Melody Pov -

It was such a lovely afternoon. Not a single cloud in the sky, maybe it's a good omen. Or not?

The grass I was sitting on was so green and lush and there were so many flowers...god! I sound like my sister when I put it like that! I threw myself down onto my back so I could gaze up at the sky.
"I wonder what they're doing right now?" I sighed sadly, wishing that I could have gone with them to free Gelda, but both Dad and Uncle Zeldris said no. Plus Helbram who was the most adamant on me staying behind.
"I don't want to be alone when I go into Labour. That stupid boar pissed off and now I don't have any support!"
I looked down at my baby bump and groaned in frustration. "And why the FUCK did I decide to lay down!? Of course I won't be able to get up from this!" I sat up and poked my stomach. "Are you going to leave me hanging or are you going to do something? I'm gonna start charging rent if you stay in there any longer." The baby moved around a little bit. "But on the other hand I'd rather you stay in there a little longer."

The wind quickly blew some hair from my face and also made my shirt flutter slightly. I had completely forgot that I was wearing one of Helbram's large grey T-shirts. For some weird reason though, I like to wear the ones that he's just taken off.
The smell calms me and makes me think of him.

I freeze like ice when I feel something wet slide down the inside of my leg. "What the fuck!?" My demon mark randomly appears the second my contractions start. It was most likely because of the extreme feeling of stress and anxiety that brought it on.
"I n-need to send a-a m-message!"
I gripped the borrowed shirt tight and got up, stumbling to the tavern which was only 10 metres away from the patch I was sitting in.

I quickly grabbed one of the note books and pens that were sitting on the counter and began writing to Helbram. I had snapped the pen in half as I was writing, so I had to get another.

The Crow was waiting on it's perch as I furled the note and shoved it into the tiny little holder. It squawked once and then took off into the sky.
"Why!?" I began shaking before falling to the ground and clutching my knees.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was pretty crappy cuz I'm really tired and in an intense hurry to finish it.