Chapter 50 - Time skip

- time skip: 4 years -

Melody and Helbram were sitting on the deck watching their 4 year old son Micah playing with Hawk - sitting on his back in a makeshift saddle.
The little boy squealed with Delight when the pig suddenly jumped up into the air, momentarily making the toddler airborne.

Melody smiled at her son before putting a hand on her 4 month pregnant baby bump. "I'm so happy that we had Micah, even though it was a struggle I'm glad because we got through it together."

Helbram chuckled lightly and put his arm around her. "I know, right? I still can't believe he's ours, we're so lucky to have such an adorable little boy. Plus, in 5 months we'll have another beautiful son." He said while smirking at her.

Melody shook her head. "Kinda feels like a girl this time." She smirked back at a blank Helbram.

"How do you know it's going to be girl? I mean, just because you guessed Micah would be a boy, doesn't mean this time you'll be right as well." He tried to explain, but she just sighed and face palmed.

"Ever heard of mothers intuition?"

"Well...yeah." He couldn't think of anything else to say after that, so just decided to be quiet.

"MAMA!" Micah suddenly exclaimed as he came running towards Melody.

"Here's my little demon spawn!" She laughed as he jumped into her arms and wrapped his arms around her mid section.

"Papa told me he wanted to ask you something real important." He grinned.

Helbram suddenly blushed as she slowly turned her head to look at him.
"What does he want to ask me?" She asked Micah while staring at her lover.

"I don't know mama...but he told me not to tell you...so I have no clue." He lied innocently. Melody sighed.

"Helbram...Tell me." She demanded.

"I-I W-well...I guess there's no better time than the present." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box.

She stared at it for a second before realising what it was."oh, Helbram." She gasped.

"Melody, I've loved you for as long as I can remember and to be without you is like living without oxygen. With every breath I take I'm reminded of the good things that I have and I'm truly grateful. Thank you for giving me a reason to keep breathing...to keep fighting. You've blessed me with so much, including a beautiful son and very soon you'll bless me again. So...will you be my wife?" He didn't stuttered once. He opened the box to reveal a stunningly beautiful diamond ring.

Melody's vision suddenly went blurry, until she blinked and it went back to normal. Tears coming hot and heavy down her cheeks as she took in a few deep breathes.

"Pl-please just say something." Helbram whispered while shaking like mad.

Melody smiled and started nodding. "Of course I will you idiot!" She exclaimed and threw herself at him. "Of course I'll be your wife!" She was grinning from ear to ear.

"I knew you would." He smiled while putting the ring on her finger. "I'm glad it was you I fell for."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The End ~ ❤

Pretty bad ending chap, but I guess I tried so I'm okay with it.