Wounds heal

MELODY POV

I didn't normally like sitting on the sand, I found it irritating when it got into my boots. And yet, here I was, sitting on the beach.

The light of the full moon danced and reflected gracefully off the water, waves silently crashing on the sandy shore. I had this weird power that allowed me to see in the dark, I assume all Demons can do it though.

I can hear distant foot steps as they trudged through the sand, getting closer and closer with every step.
I decided to pay no attention to them, knowing who they were. I couldn't talk to him right now.

The footsteps stopped behind me, 'go away Helbram'! 

"Hey, Melody, We ne -" .
"Helbram, I don't want to talk right now."
"You can't keep brushing me off, this relationship is a two way thing, you always give me so much. Just let me give you something in return."
His childish face displayed true, genuine sympathy, and a hint of hurt.
"Okay." I sighed, finally turning around. I couldn't help but sneer at his kindness and choice of words.
"Keep it down Helbram. What if someone followed you, no one knows about us as a thing." I was frustrated that he kept bringing it up, I loved him, yes. But sometimes I just wished that he would give me some space.

He walked forward and sat down next to me. I turned towards him and snuggled into him. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to his body. "I love you Melody, even if the world betrays you. I never will."
He smiled and then kissed me. "I love you too, Helbram."

We sat there for a while longer, kissing and stargazing.

Short, are you enjoying it, if so, then please leave a vote and a comment. ;3 💕💕