I can't think of a chapter name ;-;

(there will be no more POVs)

It was 8pm and the tavern was silent. Zeldris sat on a table near the far wall, on his own. Probably reflecting on his bad life choices and some other made up shit. He ran his hands through his jet black hair and sighed as the sound of footsteps came into earshot. "You're just like him, so secretive of your emotions." Melody appeared out of the shadows, a thoughtful smile plastered on her face. "How did you know I was down here?"
"I can just sense when someone is awake, you get accustom to it after a while. That gently buzz of magic that tells you they're still active." Zeldris sighed. "Hmmmm."
He hummed his response, spacing out and not really listening to the conversation.

"So? Why are you down here in the first place?" He looked up at the curious blonde haired demon with pain and sorrow in his eyes. Her question effectively snapping him out of his daze. "Because I miss her, I miss Gelda."
"Was she your lover?"
"Yes, I loved her so much, but 3000 years ago I was ordered by the demon king, my father and your grandfather, to execute the entire Vampire clan."

She watched him intently. "Why?"
He took a deep breath. "Because he believed they betrayed him, or something like that. But instead of killing them, I sealed them away."
The blonde looked down at the ground with pain, wishing she could do something to help her beloved uncle. "Hey, how about I grab you a drink?" She smirked at him, trying to make him feel remotely better. "Sure, I hope your dad won't mind."
She chuckled warmly, but her eyes were so cold and empty. "Who cares about him, he's still sulking about me fucking Helbram."
Zeldris avoided eye contact as a thick silence hung in the air for a few seconds. "Where is he anyway?"
"He's on the roof, it's a full moon tonight so he should have enough light."

She shuffled closer to the light produced by the candle. Suddenly her facial expression changed as she remembered something. "Oh, yeah, I almost forgot to get you that drink."
Melody fake face palmed before sneaking off behind the bar to grab a Vanya ale for her uncle and a cup of water for herself. (Cuz you guys know why ;3)

She reappeared and handed the bottle to her uncle, Then walked over to the wall behind him and slid down it, knees pulled up to her chest. She took a long sip from her mug and then gently placed it on the floor beside her feet. "Are you allowed to drink ale?"
"It's okay, besides, it's not even alcohol. Here, smell it."

She picked the cup up off the floor and handed it to her Uncle, he brought it up to his nose and sniffed. "Hmm, you're right, it's just water."

She made a gesture that said 'I want it back now'. Zeldris noticed this and started passing it to her.

"Yeah, to be honest My father would probably kill me if he found out I was drinking his booze."
She whispered as she took the mug from his hand and took a long sip.
"You do know he would never do anything to hurt you, right?"
She looked at him with one eye as she kept drinking her water. She stopped and spoke.
"I do, but It doesn't mean he doesn't hurt me in other ways."
Her bangs slowly fell over her eyes as she looked at her knees, making her features unreadable. "Cuz even tho he tries to be a good father, he still messes up, but that doesn't mean I don't love him."

He looked at her, no emotion at all, he was frustrated that he couldn't find the right words to comfort his niece. What an uncle he was.

"It'll be okay." Was all he could say to her, but just like everyone else already knew, it wasn't gonna be okay.

Yup 😢