03 | don't roll your eyes

So there I am

So there I am.

Seated beside a man that smells and dresses expensive, all while he ignores the fact that I'm even here.

I can't say this is the most embarrassed I've been though - I remember walking into the wrong lecture and not even realizing until halfway through it so I had to run out while the professor was talking.

As if the moment couldn't get anymore awkward, Casen and I have not spoken a single word to each other since the night started. I didn't want to make the moment even more awkward by moving to another seat, but damn, is he pissing me off.

His head has been in his phone the whole time, his name not even on the board for the first two games. The rest of the gang was getting along just swell, sharing jokes here and there and I just felt uncomfortable seated beside the intimidating man.

I scrunch my nose when he leans back, brushing against my arm.

Don't roll your eyes. Don't roll your eyes.

Damn it. I rolled my eyes.

Combing my fingers through the puff at the back of my head, I listen in as Sky, Ty, and Cassie jeer at Ian who was up next.

"Case," Ian calls towards his friend who glances up, making me look away quickly, "Get your head outta your damn phone, bruh."

Sounds like a mother scolding her son.

I don't even watch as Casen shuffles beside me and does something, I don't know. I'm too scared to look.

I'd averted my gaze to Cass who was staring at me with wide eyes. Immediately, I tune into our friend telepathy. After a series of eyebrow raises and head tilts, I stand up.

I can feel a certain pair of eyes on me - more specifically, my ass - before I make my way over to Cass who stood too.

"Ana and I are gonna go get some drinks, what do you guys want?" She asks the group.

"I'll take a coke," Ty says, still eyeing Cassie. "I can come help y'all if you want."

Cassie sends him a fake smile and bat's her eyelashes sarcastically, "No thanks, we got it."

Holding back my snicker, I try not to freeze when I see those certain set of eyes watching me carefully.

After taking everyone's orders - except for Casen - I turn to him in particular and raise a brow. Of course he's already looking at me so I just tilt my head.