53 | all i want || the end

"Ice cream for breakfast?" I eye the girls seated around the island as they dig into a pint of cotton candy ice cream

"Ice cream for breakfast?" I eye the girls seated around the island as they dig into a pint of cotton candy ice cream. Their eyes are red and puffy from what I assume to be a night of crying and Eliana doesn't even look up at the sound of my voice.

Cassidy releases a sad sigh, "It's the breakfast of champions." Her fake enthusiasm does nothing to lift the energy in the room.

I step into an empty slot around the island and slide the pint away before taking Eliana's spoon from her hand. She does nothing and just stares off into nothing.

As I dig into it, I arch a brow, "I take it y'all had a good girl's night."

Frankie responds with a snore, her head on the table, and eyes closed. It takes me a moment to realize that she's actually knocked out.

Sky groans from beside me, "Shh. You're talking too loud."

Of course — she's hungover, Frankie is knocked out, Cass is over-indulging and my girlfriend is... well, I don't really know.

"You alright, boo?" I question, watching her carefully as she nods slowly.

She slowly rises from her spot and blinks, "We spent all night packing. And I'm trying so hard not to fall asleep right now because you said we're spending the day together, but can we please take a nap before we do anything?" She pokes out her bottom lip and leans closer to me, eyes doe.

I kiss her forehead, "Of course, peach. Lead the way?"

As she takes my hand and throws it over her shoulder, Sky calls to us, "Use protection!"

When we step into Ana's room, I'm taken aback by the stack of boxes in the corner. They're taped closed with messy scribbles over the front of them. I can make out one that says 'clothes' and another that reads 'shoes.'

"Cass is shipping them off for me next week when I get settled into my apartment." Eliana says and I nod as I recall what she told me about Florence taking care of her housing until she has a more stable income. I watch my girl as she flops facedown on the bed and curls up with her pillow. "Come love on me, baby." She says in her sleepy tone.

I chuckle, close the door behind me, and lower myself on the bed beside her. I prop my head up on the palm of my hand and rub her back with my free one. She turns to face me with her eyes closed.

Despite the comfortable silence between us, I can tell she's still awake, just waiting for me to say what I have to say.

"It hit me last night," I start, trying to formulate the words to reflect my feelings, "That we'll probably go months without seeing each other in person... touching each other..." She peeks an eye open, the corner of her lips arching up.