18 | don't wait

Turns out it wasn't half the neighborhood attending, just family I don't fuck with

And by that, I mean my dad's side of the family. As stubborn as he is, they're just as bad.

Maybe worse.

They're judgemental and annoying as hell and something tells me that tomorrow night isn't going to be any different.

As I finish helping my mom season the turkey, my phone vibrates in my pocket and I check to see that it's a text from the girl who usually runs rampant on my mind from day to day.

I don't know but it's like I can't do basic stuff without my mind drifting to that beautiful smile of hers. I can't help but think of the corny joke she'd say to make me feel better about the awkward tension between my parents who I have not seen speak to each other once since I stepped in that door this morning.

Instead, I'm stuck furrowing my brows at her odd message.

Spider-lash girl?

Spider-lash girl?

"Who's that?" Ma asks as she finishes washing her hands. I poke my bottom lip out.

"Just a friend."

She arches a brow, "You've had one too many friends for me to fall for that, Case. What's her name?"

I sigh. There she goes.

"Eliana."

"That's a beautiful name." My mother compliments, "What does she look like? Do you have a picture? You have to have a picture."

"I do have a picture." I inform, watching as her eyes light up, "I'm not gonna show you though."

She gasps dramatically, "What? Why not?"