21 | a little tequila

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry..."

As Cassidy cuddles me closer into her grasp, I wrap my arms around her waist, scared to let go. On the other side of me, Monique is rubbing my back and lightly kissing my temple, whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

When I called Cass with what happened, she, Frankie, and Monique jumped on Matteo's private jet and landed within an hour of my flight.

I didn't want to disturb Sky and Ian's little getaway and I definitely didn't want to ruin Case's Thanksgiving with my mess. Cass was the only person who understood that I didn't want to be alone right now.

I didn't have it in me to wash off the flight or eat something considering I hadn't eaten since nine this morning — I just wanted to cry to my friends who have been more like family.

And they accepted that — at least for now. Frankie went out to get some food.

"Don't apologize, Eliana." Cass holds me tightly, embracing me in all her love. "You had hope, baby. Don't apologize for wanting to be happy."

"But I knew..." I cry, "I knew I wouldn't be happy with what she gave me. I shouldn't have even expected anything. I fucked up."

Monique brushes my bonnet from my face and sighs, "Let me tell you something, amor... You can tell yourself you fucked up as much as you want, but we're always going to be here to tell you that you didn't. You were expecting things because you should have. She failed you, and you just wanted some closure. Don't blame yourself for what the people around you did to you. Okay?"

A moment passes until Frankie returns to the apartment with a bag of tacos and a tray of smoothies. We all sit in the form of a circle on my bed, eating food while I try not to think about what transpired hours ago.

I just want to forget all about her.

But then I think about how my life would've been if I hadn't gone through so much as a child. I wouldn't have strived to attend one of the top schools in Dallas or have passion for fashion as my grandma taught me.

I wouldn't have these amazing friends or meet Case who's proved to me that he's more than just some fuck-boy who tries to get in everybody's panties.

He cares and he cares without expecting anything in return. We've known each other for three months yet it feels like we've known each other for three years. Our conversation is never boring and I'm never uncomfortable around him.

He makes me smile and joke around without making me feel like he's doing it with some secret agenda.

He's genuine.