30 | for a while

"Breakfast is ready!" Cassidy announces as I walk downstairs, now refreshed and ready for the day

"Breakfast is ready!" Cassidy announces as I walk downstairs, now refreshed and ready for the day. Immediately, I'm hit with the scent of turkey bacon, waffles, and whatever else it is that Cass and Frankie made for breakfast.

I enter the kitchen with a shit-eating grin and I can just feel their stares on me as I open the fridge for a jug of orange juice.

I pause and peek out from behind the door toward them, "Good morning." I say with an innocent tone.

Frankie sends a look to Cassidy, "Did she just say 'good morning'?"

I arch a brow as Cassidy props a hand up on her hip, "She sure did. Something about that doesn't feel right to me. Who you dressed cute for?"

I scoff in amusement, "So because I have manners, something don't feel right? And nobody — myself."

The girls narrow their eyes simultaneously, making me chuckle. They stay doing the most.

"You're extra happy this morning. It's not even 10 AM yet." Frankie observes.

Cassidy pipes in, "You see, it's because Sky hasn't told us the tea, but Imma go out on a limb here and guess that you and Case finally got together."

Wait. That was a good ass guess. Guess they just know me that well.

I don't say anything and instead grab the glasses from the cabinet and begin to wash them. I don't know what the last person here did with them.

"Maybe." I purse my lips.

"Ain't no 'maybe'," The way Frankie says the word remind me of that Key and Peele skit with Blaaake, "How was it?"

As I place the third glass in the other sink to be washed off, I arch a brow, "How was what?"

Cass scoffs and nudges Frankie, "You know she's not gon' put it down on him the first night."

Oh. Yeah, no.

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen for a while." I try to convince myself more than them.

"What's not gonna happen for a while?" The sound of Case's voice snaps me from the conversation and my heart jumps at the sight of him, no longer in pajamas.

Whooooo gave him the right to look this fine?

He approaches me and before I can officially greet him, he takes my face into his hands and kisses me like it's the last thing he's about to do.