09 | do the bare minimum, why don't you?

Needless to say, their apartment is nice

Needless to say, their apartment is nice. They have a nice view of the city and the space is big enough for all three girls to live together.

Eliana had been quiet since I got out of the car - well, let me be more specific: she hasn't said a word to me since I got out of the car. She's laughing with everybody else but she's ignored me like it's the last thing she'll ever do.

I didn't even know how to feel about it, mainly because I actually enjoy her company, believe it or not.

The kitchen island is filled with snacks and popcorn and boxes of pizza along with beers and sodas. A pack of waters sit in the corner by the fridge because they ran out of space everywhere else.

After Ian and I move the glass coffee table in the living room out of the way, the girls file in behind us and Sky urges us all to sit.

Seeing as the couch only had space for three people, Cassie sits on the floor in front of Frankie who is massaging her scalp, Ian is propped up on the sofa arm, Ty is on the floor in front of Eliana and I'm sat directly beside her.

Of course, she made space between us.

"Alright, let's get it started!" She announces, grabbing an iPad from the table under the television, "First, we're gonna play Charades. And we're gonna follow the rules this time." Her gaze goes straight to Cassie's girlfriend, Frankie.

She gasps in fake offense, "I follow the rules, fuck you talking 'bout?"

"No you don't." Eliana snickers, "You stay mouthing the answers to your partner."

Frankie kisses her teeth and rolls her eyes, "I'm just making use of the resources around me."

"You cheat." Sky deadpans with a grin, "Anyway, we're gonna do teams - there's seven of us so one team of three."

"I dibs Frankie!" Cassie exclaims, excitedly, propping her elbows up on her girlfriend's knees.

Ian jumps up and points to Sky, "I dibs you!"

"Aye!" She hypes before pointing to Eliana, Ty, and I, "Looks like we got our three."

I can hear Eliana whisper, "Yippee."

I try not to roll my eyes but what is this woman actually on? Her attitude switched so quickly that I almost got whiplash. We were just fine in the car.

I tell myself to pull her aside later and try to get some intel.

Why am I going through all this effort?