Chapter 21: In Relief

Katy's POV

I hurriedly walk back in my house, closing the door behind as I lean at it. Biting my fingers anxiously as I realized what I have done back there as Damian asked me. Memory flashes back though it was sad and made me hurt but the sincerity I feel from him was really real and I can't deny it. I'm starting to fall again.

"Hey!!"

I jumped on my position as I'm distracted by Shannon's scaring me.

I walked in to my living room as I passed her at the way. I sat on the couch and started to stare in the air.

"What's troubling you again huh?" Shannon questioned as I faced her furrowing face.

I took a deep breath and sort all the happenings back there.

"He asked me a date and I said yes to it." I let out with my full breath as Shannon gasped in surprise to what I've said. It's a fake expression and it's like she did told Damian to do it.

"Oh my god! I'm happy for you! Gosh! I mean, he's so damn hot actually not only he's kind and generous and---" I eyed Shannon as she instantly stop. "Okay, I'm not going to fantasize him. His all yours don't worry about me." Shannon said and turns on the TV.

I'm still silent as my phone vibrates in my pocket. I jumped again. "Katy! You're so jumpy? You've just asked a date, you're not going to a firing squad and to be killed. Chill man, chill!" Shannon joke as I give her a fake smile and scope my phone in my pocket.

It's Emman. I look for the time and it's already passed seven. God I almost forgot my child.

"Hello, Kate? Are you still busy?" She asked curiously with a concern voice.

I clear my throat. "Yups..oh..I mean no..no..--" I stuttered.

"What?" Emman asked.

"Emman, your mother is in love. If you could see her face now." Shannon butted in closer to me to let Emman hears it. I know I'm still preoccupied by the situation.

"Oh, I'm sorry... Actually I'm already home. Just don't mind Shannon she just wants to piss me." I reasoned.

"Ah, okay. I bet you're tired because you sound so weird and it seems like Shannon's right." Emman said confidently laughing.

Yeah, I'm tired but when it comes to her well, I'm not. I've been at work and it's really exhausting and you'll be face with paparazzi while we were just having a snack.

I laughed to it fake-ly. "Shut up." I flatly said but sounded but too.

She sighed on the other line. "Okay,.." no, no, no that was a wrong move. The phone becomes silent. "Babes? You still there?" I asked worriedly.

"Y-yeah... I'm going to take a bath first. Call you later. Bye." She hanged up as I redialled her number again.

It's just ring and ring and ring. Shit! I'm screwed!

I groan, punching the couch as my anger rises up. Shannon eyed me scarily as she curled up at the corner of the couch, embracing her own self. "Please...Don't kill me." She begged.

She's always doing and talking those uncertainty phrases that I'm not capable of doing. "If you don't stop. I'm going to." I warned.

"B-but..you looked so mad, Kate. It's like--"

I made myself calm for a while as I already have this heart beating fast. I knew I'm angry. The way how my attitude and ways are. I eyed Shannon again to stop.

"How--I mean.. Urghh... I'm so stupid! I can't think what to do now. First he asked me to a date then I said yes and now Emman hanged up with me because I acted mad at the phone." I completely shouted.