Chapter 39: Spilled water?

Katy's POV

Two days are not enough, as now that I'm going to back on tour again. Two days break and only a month of not seeing my daughter again. But to think it'll be a month and that's all. I'm going to live with them again. I'm going to take a break in my career just to make time for them.

It's time for me to go but my daughter tightens her grip over my waist. Aww... I feel how she doesn't want me to leave but I have to.

"Sweetie," I said, looking down at her while she's ignoring my stares. "Just a month, okay? We will be together again." I assured her.

Her head snapped up. I have never thought that she on her verge of crying. "Mom...," She whined with a one stomp of her feet on the ground. "Just ten more minutes." She requested. But we almost had been here for more that fifteen minutes of just hugging my waist.

"I thought you had enough on the couch with me with your dad earlier. He already went to his clinic but still you're hugging me still here," although, sounded like more a mother to her and it felt so good then. "I'm getting late and you too. You still have school with in," I took a glance on my watch. "Oh my gosh! You're already late! Almost ten minutes, Emmanuelle!" I gasped.

"Mom!" She groaned again. "Please..." She begged though her adorable face made it possible for me not to refuse or deny her request. So I decided to go with her in the car which Shannon was already there, patiently waiting for me.

We get in the car and we both sat at the backseat. Emman cuddled with me as she wrapped her arms over my waist. Under like my wings, she was there, feeling so comfortable and safe.

Shannon took a turn to us. Her brows met up together and with amusement on her face as she spotted my daughter and I cuddling. Eliot was driving us to the airport as Tamra was already there too. "You can bring her to the place where you're going to," Shannon spoke.

"I shouldn't," Emman replied instantly. "I have school."

"Then why are you here if you have school?" Shannon said ironically, tossing her head to the side.

"I'm just," Emman paused, thinking. "Oh, shut up Shannon!" She then groaned defeatedly.

I eyed Shannon to stop as she did turn back her head to her phone. "Okay, fine... I have nothing to do if she'll get to have tantrums later." She said referring to Emman.

"Shan," I said with warning. Shannon let out a sighed and waved her hand to stop.

I breathe, looking down to Emman. "Hey, I think our cuddling is enough for this time," I said as we have arrived at the airport.

She let go, "Okay," She said gloomily. I feel the hurt though but I don't think what to do.

"Sorry baby," I cupped her face as our eyes met. She's holding her tears back. Afraid to make me change my mind. I knew it already that she was doing that not to make things hard for me to let go of her when this time happened every time I leave. "Just a month, okay. I promise." I reassured. She nodded in response. I kissed her forehead then she kissed my nose and hugged me tightly.

"A month," She stated as her chin rested on my shoulder. "It's seems a year. I can put up in a month but I will miss you Mom. I will miss you, hugging me. It's still different if you're here beside me." She slightly like upset to it. I rubbed her back soothingly then she let go of her hug and faces me. Letting her spoke for this time was kinda make her moment to say and made me feel how she love me so much. "I love you Mom." She added and I pulled her for another hug. I let her rested her head on my chest. Letting her hears my heart beat for a while.