Chapter 37: The three of us, together.

Emmanuelle's POV

-tok-

I feel the ball hits the baseball bat as I swung it with all of my force and it send out to the air. I'm stunned in my position for a second because I didn't expect it would reach that too high and, and.... TOO FAR!

"Run!!" Dad shouted at me as he's in the crowd, still I can hear his voice. I was brought out in the reality but seem everything is in a slow motion. I let go of my baseball bat and I headed to the first base then reached the second. I run as fast as I don't know I can run like this. I didn't feel any chest pain or something that could lead me again from breathing hard. With all of the bases that I step on to, I was welcomed by my teammates. Merrily squealing and jumping, tugging and ruining my hair. Our coach shakes me like all of my limbs are going to dislocate. "You did it!" Coach says.

I wiped my forehead with the back of my hand. "Nah, we did it coach!" I slightly squeal as the girls did too.

I saw at the distance that Shannon, dad and Mom are waiting for me. I run to them in a hurry. "I'm so really proud of you, man!" Shannon said as she hugged me first.

"Thanks! I have to do that because Dad and I had an agreement," I let go of our hug and looked up to them. "Dad, you lose!" I smirk.

Dad sighed. "Yeah, I know.." He rolled his eyes.

"MOM!!!" I squealed excitedly as she spread her arms for a hug. I instantly embraced her so tight like I could break her bones but looks like I'm squeezed to death.

"Oh God! I really missed you baby!!" Mom exclaimed excitedly and kisses my cheeks many times then she smelled me. "You stink." She commented, crinkling her nose.

Dad chuckled. "She always stinks," Dad said to mom. "But I smell good." He smirks at mom as she smiles.

"Stop flirting you two here!" Shannon warns. "There's a minor."

I laughed. "Bleeh!" I said to dad.

*****

At Dad's house, Mom and I were cuddling on the couch with Shannon while dad was preparing dinner for us. Mom was really excited to taste Dad's menu for tonight. Shannon said for the long time again, that she could taste another house food again. In my case, I'm okay with just Mom right here beside me. She made me full though not my tummy but with all her hugs and kisses and tender loving care.

Dinner came and we both ate at the dining area. Shannon complimented Dad's cooking and how Mom is so lucky to have him. I was silently eating my meal as time after time mom tried to feed me as well Dad too. That made Shannon awed to us. Gladness and greatness filled my body because this time we are complete and I feel complete as a family. I hope and prayed that it will never wreck again. This is too perfect for me and I couldn't ask for more. Mom and Dad is my strength and I'm thankful that mommy Sarah and Daddy Jonathan gave Mom (Katy) another chance to be with me. I thank them on every day of my life.

*****

Mom and I were in my room and I'm complaining as I was taking a bath that my elbow is stings a bit due to I sprawled on the ground as I tried to catch the ball. It's at my left elbow and yeah, just a scratch but still stings.

Mom helped me to mend my scratch and slightly scolded me by not being careful.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed, pulling away my elbow from her. It's stingy the time she apply the cotton on my bruise. "It's okay now. I think I don't need it anymore." I stated, changing my mind by mending my scratch. Mom pulled me closer. "We should treat that before it sore." Mom retorted as she forced me to get closer at her side. "Okay, where is it," I don't have a choice but to obey at her before we end up arguing again. I lend my elbow to her. She pressed softly the cotton. I contorted my face as I'm biting my lips, swallowing the stinging pain I feel.