Chapter 1: Starting over again for her.

***
Gabby's POV

Expect the unexpected as to the fact that no one will stay forever but the presence of that person or friends will live in your heart till the rest of your life especially your family; your love ones.

They're gone but their presence and memories are still lingers in my mind and heart every time I think of them; every time the memories flashes back, sad or happy, still the same emotions I'm bearing with. As sometimes it brings all the terrible pain that they're already gone and it's hard to accept but I cannot bring them back, they're gone.

Their absence hunts me every time I'm alone, missing them is totally hard to avoid. What else you can do in my life if your parents died like this? I feel like half of my life has taken away from me because of what happened. I really don't know what to do now, thinking how I can start again.

My nightmare came true that day. It's like the whole world drops to me as I received Aunt's call. I was totally freaking scared and all I can do is cry. I can't bring back Mom and Dad's life but one thing for sure I must be strong to continue as Emman is still by my side. Hoping and praying for her to fight and stay alive, not for me but also for her real Mom. I lost mine but I think I have to accept it though the truth is hurting me. I can't bring them back, I know, everyone knows. It's impossible and now here, in front of their grave I tell myself to be independent and strong for Emman and also for the only one family I've got, my Aunt Jenna.

It's been two weeks since the accident happened as Aunt Jenna hurriedly arranged everything including the burial to be taken soon. She doesn't want to give a long process to it as in three days we did it all even though it's hard to accept and Emman doesn't even know everything around here.

"Let's go?" Stefan's warm voice interrupted me. I looked up to him, wiping my tears away and stands up. He smiled to me making me feel better. He always did everything to make me smile or cheer me up. The day that the accident happened as he received the news about it, Stefan hurriedly drive here to stay and help me all the time; he is so worried about Emmanuelle too as he saw her condition at the hospital. I feel and saw that to his face. I'm so lucky to have him in this time of my life and also with my two crazy Best friend. They're far but still keeping in touch to me.

The tragic brings a lot of horrible feelings and breakdowns to me. Stefan has been there always at my side, helping me to recover and courage me not to give up. I have a reason to live for him and for the persons that are left to my side now.

I hooked my arm to his arm as we both turned around and left the grave. "We must visit Emman first before you left. It's been a week you stay here and you have school and it's a too much bother on you." I said to him, walking towards his car.

"Yeah, sure." He smirks. "...and don't you bother anything about my school and everything. I can handle it. I'll be killing myself if I didn't get here. I'm here for you, always." He raises his eyebrows and stop to open the car door as I sat in on the passenger seat.

He walked around as he gets into the car, sitting on the driver seat. He faces me as I stare to his green eyes.

"Thank you for everything." I said.

"It's all my pleasure, ." Stefan said, holding my hand, intertwining it to him as he raises it. "See, it's perfect!" He said jokingly, revealing his goofy smile.

I gasped, yanking my hand and hit him playfully on his arm. "You know how to break a dramatic moment like how Emman did." I laughed.

"I've learned it from her." He grins.

He started the car and drives our way to the hospital.

***

"Does Caroline and Bonnie are visiting you here?" Stefan asked incredulously as I did mention it to him that my two Best friends are going to stay for a vacation here with me but it's only a plan for now.