Chapter 38: Secured and Safe

Emmanuelle's POV

"Mom! Mom! Wake up!"

I tapped mom's face as she's furrowing. I was awaken by her. She's groaning and murmuring with some slurring words but I've heard my name by it. She might have a bad dream as her face was contorted, lips are pressed together and eyes are squinted tightly.

She suddenly opened her eyes, adjusting and focuses on me. Her eyes are watery and yes, she's been crying already. Mom got those terrified face. The face I don't want to see again. It made me sad. The lampshade on the nightstand lightens her face as I shoved her hairs away from her pale face. I placed my hand over her left cheek. "Mom, you've had a bad dream."

"Oh, thank god!" Mom cried and pulled me into a tight hugged. "I thought I'd lost you again." She cried, kissing my temple.

I can feel how she got terrified by her nightmare. Definitely, it's all about me. Why does she have those? Well, I did have a nightmare also not only I was disturbed by Mom's murmuring but then Amy's face lurking in my dreams. I'm really scared but fortunately as I opened my eyes I saw Mom's beautiful face.

I didn't let go or even loosen my hugged to mom. I tightly wrapped my arms on her, afraid to let go. I buried my head on her chest, feeling her heart beats rising. She still sobs but silently. I'm fretting and getting more worried. "Mom," I croaked. She looked down. Tears strolling down on her face. I unwrapped my arm on her waist as I wiped the strained tears on her face with my thumb. "I'm alright," She said.

"So stop crying." I said.

She looked down at me. Her eyes are puffy from crying. As I feel someone behind mom moved. It was dad as he lifted his head with his one eye open. "What's wrong girls?" Dad groggily asked. He was woken by maybe our conversation here.

Though I wonder why on earth he slept there. Without my permission? I brushed out the thought and just back hugging mom.

"Mom had a bad dream." I said to Dad.

"I'm fine now," Mom wiped her tears and took some breaths. Trying herself to feel okay.

Dad wrapped his long and strong arms over mom's to hug her. "It's okay, babe. I'm here." He said as he planted a kiss on mom's temple. I eyed dad evilly as I feel bit jealous. Mom looks over her shoulder and smiled to Dad. I moved my body a distance away from them as I grouch at them. I pulled up my blanket over me and hid under it. I closed my eyes, shrugging it all.

Mom poked my side as I jolted by it. "Hey, baby..." She sweetly remarked. I remained still covered. But then she pulled the blanket over me as I met her eyes and she smiled.

"What?" A slight annoyed remark as I was feeling it.

She pulled me closer to her. "Stop the grouch." She said tenderly.

"I'm not actually," I pretended though I am. "It's just Dad who didn't hold the deal." my one reason. "And why is he here." I added.

Dad chuckled in amusement and pulled mom. He's trying to have a fight here. I moved closer to mom as I unwrapped dad's arm on mom's waist. Mom looked at us as her brows met together with a scold. "What you two doing is not fun." Mom said.

Dad is acting like me, trying to get mom's attention but I am the child here. I must get more attention. Even that he would always make fun of me.

"It's Emmanuelle, babe." Dad's stated.

I sat up, staring at them as Dad cuddled closer to mom. He stuck out his tongue to make me jealous. Mom couldn't see him as he was behind mom. I rolled my eyes as I huffed to it. Dad was being unfair. I glanced at the clock on the nightstand but still couldn't even cleared my vision due I'm having trouble on my eyes. I crawled to reach it and saw that it's passed three in the morning. Too early to move to the couch at the living room. I put back the clock and crawled on the bed.