Chapter 45: She's lost.

Gabby's POV

Walking my way to our house was quite silent as Shannon forgot to join me or accompanied me home. She left me inside the grill. Urgh... She's gone with Bonnie and Caroline and didn't get to text me though. I'm going to kill them specially Shannon. She left me! Ugh....

Slightly, the cold breeze of the air hits my face. It's fall. Leaves are falling and yeah, Cold.

It's two houses before ours as I noticed not from afar a black van in front of the house. Then in a minute as I reached closer the van goes away. Slowly and calm. Not in a hurry. I wonder who's there inside. Maybe Katy's friends or someone as the van looks fancy though.

I walked on my way to the porch as I saw a box. I took it on the wooden floor and take it in the house. Katy was standing at the door, looking so curious.

"I just saw this outside." I said and closed the door.

"Have you seen Emman?" Katy asked wonderingly.

"Nope," I said, shaking my head.

"Oh, I thought she opened the door for you." Katy said.

"There's no Emman welcomed me here. This," I pointed to box. "..Only this box was there in front of the door. Someone left it outside." I said curiously.

"Oh, who's that box for?" Katy said. "And where is that kid?" Katy looked up at the staircase.

I was examining the box though. As I noticed it's just so light and might not that fragile thing inside. Katy called Emman once again but there's no answer.

"Urgh... That child." Katy mumbled with her pissed facial expression.

"Can I open this?" I asked. "If you don't mind." Katy nods walking upstairs. Stomping her way up.

So then I get in the living room as I sat on the couch. I placed the box on the living room table. I'm kind of excited though I'm not feeling good of what is in this box. The mix emotion of both.

I took off the cover and revealed something that I didn't really expect to see. In shock, I took the box. My body's shaking. Katy needs to see this thing.

*****

Katy's POV

My goodness for heaven's sake! Why Emman is starting to piss me out now. I just told her to just open the door but she just disappears. Maybe she gets back in her room again.

I got up again upstairs. I was in front of the door of her room as I was about to knock. A phone rings but no one answers it. So I decided to get in. I curiously thought as I get in. The room is empty and there's no one in here specially Emman. It's just her ringing phone. I took it and there are three missed calls already from an unknown number. My brows crease.

"Urgh, where's that kid gone through?" I murmured as I decided to get out of the room and headed downstairs.

I'm taking the last steps down the stairs as Gabby was standing there, holding the box that she asked me earlier to let her open it. "Kate." Gabby said. "Emman..." Her face was pale and her eyes are ready to well up.

"What's wrong, Gab?" I asked wonderingly.

"She..She--got Emman." Gabby said straightly as then choked as she burst out to cry.

She passed me the box. I took it immediately. What Gabby told me made my mind stops in a moment. Though trying to process why she meant, I checked the box. It was a letter from Amy. And a picture of the three of us at the beach last day.