Chapter 2: Waking up & welcome by the reality.

Katy's POV

"You're so noisy here." Emman's croaky voice interrupted us. Both Gabby and I turned and focus our eyes on Emman who's staring at us in confusion as she winces in pain but still in her close eyes.

My hand covers my mouth in in surprise that my Emman is woken up. I walk to the side of her bed as well as gabby did also, opposite to mine. I grab her hand with both of mine, raising it over to my chest level, leaning my elbows on her bed as I stare at her in gladness.

Gabby sniffs and chuckled in happiness.

"This is sick! My body aches and my head and my...my..ah.. Stomach." Emman complained as she slowly opens her eyes as she flicks her eyes, adjusting from the light of this room.

I smile with tears in my eyes, falling down to my cheeks.

"I'll call the doctor." Stefan said as he rushes out his way out to the room.

Emman moved her head to the side where Gabby is. She frowns. "What's wrong? Why are you crying Gab?" She asked to Gabby, wondering why she's crying and Gabby let out a laugh between sob.

She doesn’t know how happy and blissful she does to us, seeing her, waking up; talking, we missed her voice.

"Welcome back babes." Gabby said, holding the other hand of Emman's while I still hold the other here in my chest.

And then as she notices me on the other side, holding still her hand, she turned to me and looked at me curiously. Her face suddenly becomes gloomy, seeing me crying.

"Kate? Why are you crying?" She said as she pulled her hand to me slowly as she wipes the tears that are falling down to my cheek. "Why you two are so emotional? What's wrong with you?" She said incredulously.

"Oh, hey! Good to see you awake Emmanuelle." Alaric butted in as he walked across the room to Emman's bed.

Gabby and I straighten up and get to the corner together and let Alaric check on Emman who looks so curious of everything around here.

"Excuse me, ah... Ladies.. Can you wait outside? I'll call you if we're done." Alaric says and we both obeyed headed out of the room.

*

"I can't wait to hug her Kate." Gabby said happily, staring at me as our both eyes meet each other. The glow of her hazel brown eyes got back after we left the room.

"But for now she's too fragile to hug tightly." I chuckled, thinking even me I want to hug her and squeeze her. I really missed to hug her.

Gabby chuckled and scoped her phone out in her pocket. "I'll call Aunt Jenna about this. I know she's around here, in this hospital." She grins and takes a few meters away to call Jenna.

Stefan was leaning at the wall and looks fine, watching gabby who's pacing back and forth.

Even though Emman is already awake, I'm still nervous on how to say everything of what happened to her before she got here. I know that she will look for Sarah and Jonathan and ask for their presence here but it's difficult to explain to a ten year old who fall asleep and naive for two weeks.

Gabby got back at my side again, leaning at the wall as she rested her head on Stefan's shoulder.

I'm biting my nails again as I rapidly taps my foot on the floor. "Gab?" I said.

"Yup? Kate?" gabby said as she puts her hand on my shoulder.

"How can we tell Emman about everything? You know, to make her accept the incident. I know it's too risky and to think she's too young to understand." I said uncomfortably.