Chapter 40: A lift up.

People, I don't know who they are. They get in and out of the house but with their in uniforms, say they are the police. Inspecting and some had to do an interview with me and dad. To get details about the case. I'm not quite good to talk about it. It made me feel more scared.

"Thank you, sir. We will do our best to capture the suspect." The police officer said to dad. They both shook hands as dad gave him an approved nod.

I'm sitting inside the car, watching dad, having conversation to some of the police. After he finished he walked towards me. I looked up at him. His sympathetic eyes and face showed up. I don't know how to react on everything that was happening now. Mix thoughts about the threat and this and mom. She's far away and I don't have any choice but to be with dad though I wanted mom here, at this moment. I know dad will make everything for me to make me feel safe. Leaning my head on my hand as taking a deep breath. Dad patted my head. "Hey," He softly said. I stared to him, blankly. "Babes, is it okay if we moved to your mom's place?" Dad asked. Mom's place, yeah, big and spacious but dad and I were the only person to live there though.

"Whatever your decision, Dad. I just want us safe though." I shrugged. If we live there, the security is absolutely tight and safe.

"Okay, I'll call your mom about this." Dad said, taking his phone out.

As dad took his distance away from me, I then took phone out. I need someone to talk to. I knew Mom was now talking to dad so; she was not available at this time. The only person I need now is Gabby. Even though I miss her so much.

I ring her phone as the third ring, she picked it up. "Hello, babes! How are you? Oh my gosh! I really missed you so much!" Gabby enthusiastically remark. The fright I'm feeling was slightly fading away. I let out a shrugged.

"Me too, Gabby. I really missed you like I want to bite you." I chuckled, missing the times we both messed on each other.

"Babes, are you alright?" Gabby asked with concern that traces her voice. She sensed it even though we were just having a phone call. But the thought came in as her question hits me. Should I tell her or not? Maybe dad could tell her. I'm not going to tell her the story because it causes something more trouble in my mind.

"Just ask Dad or Mom, Gab. I'm not sure to tell you the whole story." I feel like crying and I want a company like Gabby here. "I need you here, Gab." I said.

"Babes, I'm getting worried. Is everything okay there?" Gabby was like Momma Sarah. So caring and always worried about what's happening in me.

"I'm scared." I blurted out knowing that I'm really am scared.

"Why are you scared then?" She asked again but I'm hesitant to tell her. As that time dad was in front of me. Lending me his phone and mouthing me that mom wanted to talk to me. I gestured him that I'm on my phone too and asked for seconds.

"Gab, here's dad. Just ask him, okay?" I said.

Gabby let out a sighed. "Okay, give him your phone. I want a word from him though." She said.

"Dad, Gabby wants to talk to you." I handed dad the phone.

"Your mom wants to talk to you too, here." We both exchanged phone as dad took his distance away from me again.

I held dad phone on my ear as I heard mom's voice who was seem now crying but scared. I'm totally feeling upset about it. "Darling, baby... I'm sorry I'm not there to comfort you." A sniffed heard from my phone.

"Mom, don't worry I understand. I love you." I said to make her burden bit light to what I've said. "I need someone here Mom. Dad is not enough." I seriously remarked.