Chapter 36: Stop worrying. Let adults handle it.

Emmanuelle's POV

"Yes, she is! And I'm afraid that she'll do things such like hurting you!" Dad said and sat on his chair. He looks so stressful of what had happened. Stupid Amy. She's a wrecker.

"Dad, just tell Mom about this, okay? I know she will do anything to protect us." I said.

"Emman, I'm here also to protect you whatever she's going to do. I know her she's not capable of anything."

"You sure?"

Dad faces me. "Yes, of course. She's just scaring me and I'm not scared." Dad coolly said which I noticed that he's bluffing it.

I rolled my eyes to him. "As if." I scoffed.

Dad hit the back of my neck softly though it still hurt. Dad thought I'm a boy here. I whined in my thought and just scratched it.

I then sat on the chair in front of dad's table and rested my arms on to it as my head rested on my arms. "Dad," I said calling his attention as he started to read some papers. He raises his eyebrows but still on his paper. "So, did Mom and you are okay now?" I asked curiously.

Dad nods pouting his lips.

"Well, that's great!" I said happily. I'm glad to heard it from him. But like a lightning it hits me. Speaking my Mom, my phone is still off. I immediately scoped it in my pocket and turned it on. Dad raised a brow to it and shakes his head in disbelief. As my phone is already on and expect, message will blasting and flooding in it. And there in a second my phone will explode of message from my Loving Mother. I've got almost 40 plus message from her and 5 more from Hazel. Mom messages are funny though others of it is kind of a threat like: "Emannuelle, if you read this message after you turn this phone on, you need to tell me or else I'll snap your neck when I get home and or choke you for not answering any of my message."

I let out a giggle. Mom is freaking wild sometimes and probably she's cursing to death but still choosing the appropriate words to say. Oh God, I already miss her. Ugh, next Saturday is too soon and too long. It's like forever!!

"Dad," I looked up again to dad who's fixing the papers and about to go. "Can we have an ice-cream before we go home?" I asked in bored and I'm slightly hungry.

Dad stood up on his seat as I straighten up too. "So, let's go now!" He encouraged as I followed him behind.

I took a deep breath as Dad noticed it. He looked down to me as we are walking towards his car. "What's the problem?" He asked.

"It's just there was like nothing wrong happened earlier between you and Amy. But to tell you Dad, I'm bothered now." A thought of Amy staring at me with her piercing dark eyes that if her stares could kill, I would be dead by now.

Dad rubbed my back, soothingly. "Don't you bother on anything, babes. You're still young to think about those things. Let adults handle it, okay?" Dad reassures. I nod as he helps me up on his car. He then runs to the other side and get in.

My phone rang in my pocket then I took it out without looking if who's calling and I don't need to because I'm one hundred percent sure it's just mom.

"Emmanuelle?!!" A growling voice echoed in my ear. "I told you every now and then that you shouldn't turn off your phone!!!" Mom shouted. I put the call in a loud speaker so that dad could hear it too.

I shrugged. "Mom, I'm at the school and if I turn it on, you'll be sending me at the principal's office." I said.

"Well, you should learn to turn it on in a silent mode." Mom added.