Chapter 22: Surprise!

Emmanuelle's POV

It's Saturday and I don't know where to hide. Since last day Hazel can't stop talking about Darren's birthday and she kept on asking me to go. I pushed the entire NO as an answer but they are all so hard headed and hard to please to stop. Still, hazel wants me to go and she'll pick me up here later at 2pm. I really need a good reason or an escape.

I got up on my bed and headed to the bathroom to wash my face. It's 6 in the morning, I know it's too early but I can't sleep already. My head is pounding because of those restless texts and calls of my friends and now I really hate my phone. I didn't use it since last day. Katy tries to talk to me about it but still Gabby's phone was used for her call. I get out of the bathroom as I'm finished washing my face; I headed out and get downstairs which I stop in front of the kitchen door, seeing my Aunt making breakfast. A smile creeps on my face as she was facing her back at me. She didn't notice my presence as I walk slowly to her. Once I got at her back I poked her sides and she jumped letting out a shock gasp. She turned and looked down at me. "Elle! I told you not to scare me!" She complained.

I giggled. "Be thankful 'cause that's all I did." I smirk.

She smile and lean a kiss on my head. "You always love to surprise. Well, that's you." She said and continued what she's doing.

"Aunt Jenn..." I walked and took a seat at the chair. "...you and Alaric will have a date as well as Gabby and Stefan?" I questioned though I already knew that Gabby and Stefie will have a date. I don't know about this two if they have.

Aunt Jenna nods and turned to me. "Yes!!" She said enthusiastically as I scrunch my face to her reaction. I jumped off of my seat and turn my back to her. "...guess what I'm really screwed later!" I'm mumbled as aunt Jenna laughs as I leave her. Everyone knows in this house that, that Darren has a crush on me as Hazel rant it on Gabby as Gabby always taunt me about it. Now, I can run out on a cliff because I hate it.

I shrugged as I open the front door to the porch where a hammock is hanging which I sat and always staying at in the morning when at this early. I close my eyes just to sense the environment around me. The cool breeze of air, the chirping sounds of the birds and some vehicle not far away that roaring as it's running. Though that's another sound of silence for me as some of our neighbours are still sleeping or in their houses. I turn my head as I slowly open my eyes, spotting David lifting some baggage to put it in his car. Looks like he's going somewhere. I stand up and lean on the wood of the porch. "Hey David! Good morning!" I said, waving my hand to him as he did the same to me, greeting me good morning. He continued his doing as I decided to cross the street and reach him at the car. I wonder, where would this man is going to?

"Oh, you're there already?" David said.

I nod as I scrunched my brows to him. "Um... Where are you going, David?" I said curiously as I lean at his car, crossing my arms.

He grunts, lifting the big suitcase at the back of his car. "I'm going to LA..." He said, wiping his forehead with the back of his hand. Wow, David's so strong with all of that lifting of those big luggages.

"LA? Like really LA?" I incredulously said at him. "...and you will travel by land?  But, what will you do there? Are you living there? Are you David?" I added though much more on questions.

"WHOA! Kiddo! That was the most straight random questions I've encounter in this morning." David furrowed.

"So, answer it!" I smirk.

He crouched down to my level. "I'm not going to live there, not yet. I'm going to take those stuffs to Katy's house coz she said she needed those." David explained pointing to those luggages as I nod again. Oh, he's going to Katy's house. This is it. I can go with him.