CHAPTER 44: Keeping a Secret.

Emman's POV

"Hello, baby Stella!!" I excitedly called Stella as she jumped off of the couch and headed to me. Wow, grew so big now and she's so restless. Trying to surprise them as they were busy watching a cartoon show on TV.

"Whoa, Stella. Calm down." Grandpa Keith said as he helped Stella to get down the couch.

I approached Grandpa Keith first and gave him a hug and a kiss on his cheek. "Hi, grandpa." I said.

"How are you honey? I miss you...," He said looking down at me with gladness on his face. Smiling at me with a glint of wonder. "...you look a bit taller and bigger now." He said trying to gesture my height back then.
"Really, paps?" I chuckled.

"Yeah," He replied. "I like it, you calling me paps." He then wink and tap my chin up. I'd like to call him that. It's like I think he will feel bit younger with it. That's a sure thing because Grandpa Keith is a cool grandpa for me. I love them.

"Em-em!" She tugged the edge of my shirt interrupted us. Seeing Stella was below me. I crouched down and took her.

"I missed you." I said enthusiastically.

Stella started to mumble the words and smiled at me. Wow, she's so darn cute and well, having her in my arms seems fine but a bit weird and though I feel so special because a baby loves and shows her affection at me. Stella gave me a kiss on my left cheek and giggled.

"You missed me too?" I said and she nods her head.

"Hey, looks like someone got her playmate back." Aunt Angela popped her head at the door with Mom behind her.

"Oh, Hey aunt Ange!!" I walked towards her still carrying Stella. Mom is staring at me gladly with a smile on her face.

"Mama!" Stella chanted, reaching her arms to aunt Ange. So, I passed Stella to her Mom as I gave aunt Ange a kiss and hug.

I walked beside Mom as she wrapped her arms around my shoulder.

"Stella sometimes asking me about you, darling. Even though she's struggling to say your name." Aunt Ange said as she taps Stella's nose. Stella laughed, showing her two front teeth. That was cute of her.

Mom and I let out a little laugh and stared at each other. I know what she's thinking. This is all about having a sibling or something like that. Yeah, kinda weird or maybe a bit awkward but Mom and Dad and I are family and there's nothing wrong to have a sibling as long as they can love us. I know they will. And it's okay for me now. Mom loves me so much and I know that, this might slight upsetting in me but gives those joyful feelings, then go. No need to stop or hinder that coz it will happen no matter what.

"Hey! Emman," Aunt Ange interrupted my thoughts as I quickly focus on her. "Wait, something's change on you." She looked at me up and down then measure my height. I saw Mom's weird face again. I chuckled.

"What are you doing, Angela?" Mom asked her.

"Nothing, Katy. I've just observed. Your child seems growing so fast." Aunt Angela replied, stepping back.

"I didn't notice that." Mom said looking down at me. Her face looked a bit curious and there's a fright? "No, I think she's not." Mom added.

"Yes, she is, honey." Grandpa agreed with aunt.

"B-bu--but...," Mom pulled me closer to her. Stuttering and I don't know why? "She's not. She's still a baby." Mom retorted.

I chuckled. "Mom, you're getting a new baby and I'm going to be a big sister. I'm okay with that." I said.