Chapter 31: Little cockroach.

Gabby's POV

Though I feel tipsy due to I've drank more than 3 bottles of beer with Grandpa Keith, David, and Damian. Those men are so cool.

I feel dizzy but still, I'm awake. I feel the bed move, noticing Emman got off of the bed and she's heading to the door. I turned my head to face the other side of this room. Later on, Emman is with Katy and they both lay down beside me. This bed has been too big for a ten years old which is perfect for us now that the three of us fitted in. They both thought that I'm already asleep but no. I laugh in my though.

I can hear them silently talking with just their mumbling voice though but I caught what Emman spoke to Katy. She called her Mom. That made my heart hurt a bit because Emman never loses a mother though they found each other, again. I, on the other side, lost and still miss my mom. I moved on actually, but not that. Still, memories are hard to erase, it's not that simple but to accept that no one can change them.

Katy let out a laughing sob. Probably she's very glad about what she has heard and I'm happy for her. Emman made her cry and laugh and that's one of the crazy things that are happening to the both of their lives.

Then, the room filled with silence as I thought that maybe they are both asleep but why I can't sleep?! I waited another five minutes just to make sure that one of them are hardly sleeping. As I sensed Katy's soft snores, I got off of the bed, slowly that I'm tip-toeing my way to the door. I grab the cold knob and open it slowly and closed it again behind me. My head is hurting like it's been bombarded by hard stuff.

Feeling free by rummaging Katy's kitchen as I spotted her fridge and opened it.

"Oh," I widened my eyes, seeing plenty of food to eat but I'm not starving. I pick an apple and headed out of the kitchen and well, wandering along the hallway to her living room. Though as I look over this place and saw a picture of Katy and Emman, together, crinkling their noses. I smiled as I thought of it. They both looked happy.

I lay on the couch and decided to sleep here though I feel comfortable. Let them have the bed for tonight. I'm giving them time to bond for the first time as Emman called Katy "Mom". So, as I feel that my eyes are ready to drop, I glance at my wrist, checking the time. It's almost 2 am. I better sleep now.

*****
My phone buzzed in my back pocket as I'm laying down on my stomach. Urgh! So early and who the hell is calling me at exactly 7:30 in the morning as I glanced at my watch. I scope my phone in my back pocket and put it on my ear. "Hello?" I lazily answer but my phone is still vibrating violently, resting on my cheek. Then I realized that it was not a call, it was an alarm. I set it yesterday. I'm stupid again. I took my phone and put it on the table in front of the couch. I slowly sat up; my hair is messy as I brushed it with just my hand and put it into a bun. I lean my head backward, closing my eyes for a while. As I feel that I need to get up. I stretched my body and stand up lazily. Heading my way to the kitchen as I initiatively need to make breakfast. I'm already used to it after Emman moved here. Even though Aunt Jenna sometimes cooked for me, I have to learn how to because not all the time my Aunt Jenna will be there as now that she's having a family. I washed my face first before anything else. As I'm finished, the thought of, if I leave Aunt Jenna, pregnant without anyone to watch or accompany her, it will be hard for her. Oh my gosh, I need to go back there. Maybe this time is not yet the time to move here as long as Aunt Jenna needs my help.

I shrugged and dismissed the thought for now. I want to spend a little more time with Emman before I'm going back to SB.

In the kitchen, I started to work with my hands, making pancakes for my little sister, not only for her but also for us. I sensed that someone is watching my back as I'm busy here. Leaving behind who is it.