Chapter 49: Home sweet home!

Katy's POV

I felt a gentle touch on my face though my subconscious mind is still processing of what it is. I was exhausted earlier that i fell asleep immediately. But then a move at my side made me realize something and then a drop of a hot liquid hit my cold cheek. I open my eyes, flickering to adjust from the light in the room and then i saw Emman was crying already. Her eyes are puffy. "Mo...Mom." She blurt out and hugged me tightly. I'm still on my lying position as she was sitting on bed beside me. Emman sobs on the crook of my shoulder. I soothingly rubbed her back and then turn my eyes beside me, searching for Damian's presence but i failed to see him. He's not here yet.

"Baby," Cooing Emman is the only thought i manage to do to lessen her crying but then her sobs filled the room. "Stop crying okay. Mommy's here. It's okay, baby." I said. Slowly i moved my body and loosen our hug as i sat up, facing her. I cupped her now not fluffy but her strained tears face. "Everything is alright, Emmanuelle. You're safe now." I attested, smiling at her warmingly as i rub my thumb on her cheek. Emman's face looked like on the edge of crying again as her lips curved to let out a sob again. She hurriedly buried her face on my stomach and cried. Oh, i can't make her stop being emotional right now. Maybe she needs it to lessen the baggage she has been for almost 6 weeks. Then the thought of Amy hits me. She was the reason why my daughter is being like this. My heart's crumpled seeing my daughter like this.

"I hope i'm not dreaming," Emman spoke between her sobs. "Mom, I missed you so much like," Emman looked up at me. "I think i'm in heaven now."

"No," I chuckled, thinking how she managed to speak those words. Is she hallucinating? "Baby, your not dead and you're not dreaming too. I'm real like you are hugging me right now."

"Really?" She incredulously remarked, loosening her hug on me as she looked up at me.

"Like yeah," I reassured, staring into her eyes. It looks dull that i'm missing the bright blue in it. "So, stop crying now. It breaks my heart hearing you like that." I made a sad face as i saw her face smiled a little to it and that's made me feel a bit better.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, running my hand over her messy hair. "Is something hurt in you?"

Emman's hand cupped my face as i placed mine on hers on my cheek. Giving her an assuring smile. She looked up at me, meeting her now grayish eyes. It's not that bright blue that i wanted to see. It's sad to see as i'm expecting to meet her tantalizing blue eyes.

"I am now." Emman stated. I wiped her face with the palm of my thumb, cupping her face again and place a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I can't believe that you're here in front of me right now, Mom. It's really like i'm dreaming. I don't know but i feel so hopeless the last time i was with jacob. I was hopeless to escape from Amy." She babbled. "How?" She then started to think of how now she got here.

"Babe?!" Damian abruptly burst in the door, holding some bags of foods. He stopped with his jaw dropped seeing Emman sitting on the hospital bed facing me.

Emman diverted her head at her father. "Dad!!" She said reaching her arms for a hug as Damian hurriedly did initially walked towards the bed as he put down the bags and hugged his daughter tightly. "Dad, I missed you so much!" Emman cried again. Really, she's so emotional. I can't blame her. She was gone for so long and she was been to hard times with Amy.

Damian's eyes watered, seeing her daughter again. "I missed you so much my daughter," Damian sniffed and smiled whole heartedly. "Where have you been? We've been searching for you for more than a month." Damian joked as Emman squirm at him.

"I missed your stale jokes, dad." Emman stated.

"You do?" Damian questioned as Emman nodded to him.