Chapter 42: Prepare yourself.

Scratching my brows as I saw my friends chatting at corner of the room, along with them was my daughter. Happily, they were laughing and teasing each other as one of my closest friend approached them. It was Rihanna, talking to Shannon as she introduced my daughter and gabby to Riri. Now, that everyone noticed who's the kid was with my friends. Maybe I have to come up to the stage and tell them. As I begun to stand up, my eyes caught Damian walking towards me. With his wide smile and sparkling blue eyes. He hugged me then as he spoke through my hair. "I have something to tell you, babe." His whisper brought a tingling sensation in my body. I faced him, creasing my brows and smiled with the thought of what was it all about.

"Will you tell me now?" I asked curiously.

"Um....maybe later," He teased. Turning his head to the people around them like he's looking for someone. "Does your dad is already here?" He asked.

"Yeah, he's with Ange," I pointed the table. "There, with Alaric and Jenna."

He gave me a nod and let go off of my waist. He kissed my cheek and winked at me. "Wait me here." He said then headed to my Dad's table as they get to talk on something. I'm bit curious of what was the thing he wanted to tell me.
A tugged from the sleeve of my dress made me turned, seeing my daughter smiling at me. "Mom, had Dad told you something?" She asked interesting-ly. I raised an eyebrow. Having a hint that this kid knew something about what would Damian will tell me.

I tapped her nosed then she crinkled it like mine. "Do you know something, do you?" I said. She then gave me a head shake, saying 'no'. Obviously, I'm not convinced to it.

She pointed her finger to me. "Just prepare, Mom." Emman said, tossing a smirk on her face.

Prepare? This could give me anxiety towards it. Now, I almost feel my heart beats fast. Oh, come on.

Rihanna is walking towards us.

"Hi Katy," She hugged me and kisses both of my cheeks. "Nice to meet your niece here, she's so cute." Rihanna looked down to Emman, smiling at her.

"Thank you! Me too." Emman said.

"She's so adorable like you." Rihanna chuckled.

"Absolutely," Proudly I pulled Emman beside me. "She came to a family with good looking genes." I smirked.

"But I'm more cute than you," Emman comments as Rihanna laughed to it. "Don't deny it, Mom." She rolled her eyes and shot me with an 'oops' face, realizing by calling me Mom in front of Rihanna. Then that was Rihanna stopped her laugh and gave us a puzzled look.

"What did you call Katy, Mom?" Rihanna questioned incredulously.

I took a deep breath. "Okay," I started. "I'll come up this to you all. Wait and listen." Rihanna grabbed my hand. Giving me her understanding gaze as I gave her a small smile. We've been friends and she knew me. "Whatever it is, I'll support you, Kate." Then she looked down to Emman. "I knew it all the way as I met this kid. She has something in you ever since. I saw the tweets and everything." She stated.

"Thank you, you're such a good best friend, Riri." I said and hugged her. As we let go. I took Emman's hand and we both headed on the stage. People that I invited to this celebration heads up to us. Anticipating something from me, they lend their ears. I looked down to Emman who was already staring at me. Her eyes filled with a bit of nervous though the excitement on her face could cover it. I took a deep breath, smiling at her. She squeezes my hand, giving me courage and strength to tell the people in front of us. She leaned closer to me. "You can do it, mom! We can do it!" She encouraged.

I kissed her forehead. "Thank you, babes." I smiled feeling the pressure gone by her voice and her eyes.

"Oh, there's dad!" Emman waved her hand, calling her father to come up beside us here. Damian hurriedly walked up to us as he stands beside me.