Chapter 29: Surprise me, surprise me not?

Emmanuelle's POV

It's been weeks I've been here, staying in this huge house with Katy. Such great feeling because I saw how happy she is every time. I know sometimes I made Katy; one time had an argument about me of why I'm always hooking with Shannon instead of her. I take side with Shannon, of course. She was just here watching me while Katy is out for her studio rehearsals or some interviews and blah, blah, blah. That's probably my first problem, Katy needs to work and yeah, I'm going to be alone again with well I have a personal guard, Eliot. He's cool and I like him already when we first met at the airport. Katy trusted him to be there for me. He had a daughter too, like my age.

Anyways, it's already noon. 10th of May and... Dun dun dun dun... Mother's Day! This is the time I've been waiting for besides it's my birthday too. Earlier this morning Katy surprised me with her crashing in my room and sang a birthday song for me. No Shannon, no Markus only her. I was expecting them though they called they're not coming. Hmmm...I smell something's fishy with these people. Katy left 30 minutes earlier as now I'm here at the backyard, finding some interesting things in the bushes. Last time I caught a spider here.

So then I can't find something interesting at the yard. I headed back to my room and I could lock up myself in there all day. Eliot is just downstairs and if something wrong, he said I'll just call him.

I don't have any plans to surprise Katy but it's mother's day and maybe the best gift I could give her is to say Mom  to her. If I have, I could make a surprise; it would probably obvious. So better not have one then. I heard that Eliot has someone talking to. I walked towards my window and saw Damian's car at the yard and headed downstairs to meet him.

"Damian!!" I squeak.

"Emmanuelle, you're all alone with Eliot here?" He furrowed.

I nod. "Yeah, obviously."

"Well, where's Katy then?" He asked curiously.

"Ah... Katy's got to go to the studio." I replied.

"Weird," He huffed. His mouth made that screwing and he looks funny. "...it's Sunday and all I know it's her rest day and another weird is when Katy is out Shannon is here to watch you or either with her friends too." He added.

"They have plans." I straight-ly said as his face become puzzled by what I have said that made him think.

"Plans for what?" He asked.

"Plans to surprise me," I rolled my eyes. "..I already sensed it coz it's really obvious since last day. It's my birthday today and they leave me only with Eliot." I explained.

Damian widened his eyes in surprise as he placed his hands on both of my shoulders, playfully shakes me. "Are you serious? It's your birthday today?"

"Y--yeah. Katy didn't tell you?"

"She doesn't even tell me that."

I shrugged. "Poor you Dam-dam." I playfully tap his arm.

He smiles, grabbing my hand. I looked up to him. "Where are we going?" I asked him curiously.

"Let's go grab an ice-cream! I didn't get to buy something or gift for you but I know you'll love to eat ice-cream and it's a bother if I buy a gift coz I'm not good in picking it because I don't know if you'll like it or not." He explained while standing at the front door. "So, may I treat you out for ice-cream?" He asked.

A smile draws on my face to the fact that I love ice-cream and I'm bored here and just want to go out. I don't care if he doesn't have any gifts for me. It's not a big deal for me. I'm not expecting something.