Chapter 11: where is she!?

Katy's POV

"Emmanuelle!!" I called her, shouting at her back but she didn't turn to face me; she kept on running away from me.

I get back in my car as try to catch where she's going but the time I drive my way to where I last saw her running, she was already gone. I slapped my hands on the steering wheel in frustration that I didn't catch her.

So, I decided to get back home before sunset. Probably, Emman will already home on that time. I'll talk to her either she want it or not. I'm going to get down for her just to make everything between us okay. It's hard to do things if I have baggage inside. I can't concentrate or think straight on my work.

I headed inside the house as Angela and Stella welcome me with a hug and kisses. Stella is so sweet like I'm jealous sometimes, seeing her with Angela playing and carrying her. It's like if Emman was on my side the time she's still a baby, I would give her the love and care that I have for her as a mother but the sad thing it didn't happen and now she's avoiding me. I kept this hope inside that one day; she'll come back to me again.

"Kate, would you watch Stella for me. I have to help dad at the kitchen." Angela asked as she handed me Stella, "Sure." I said instantly, carrying her on my arms.

"Oh, god. You're so heavy, baby Stella." I grunt, poking her cheek. She smiles giddily as she started to run her hand on my face. I grimace as her hand is wet with her droll. Angela wiped it with a towel as she chuckled.

"Stella, your Aunt Katy is not fond of messing her beautiful face." Angela said to Stella as Stella looked her confusingly.

"It's okay. So go now." I said, pushing Angela out to the living room.

"Behave baby." Angela reminds Stella as she pointed her fingers.

We sat on the couch as we both played anything she wants to do with. Playing with my hair and sometimes peek a boo is great thing to amuse a baby. She kept on laughing as her two little teeth are showing. A baby is a baby, whatever it does is cute.

I sighed, watching Stella playing with a ball. "Where's Emmanuelle at this time?" I said, leaning back against the couch.

Stella spun her head up to me and looked at me curiously. She opens her mouth to speak as the words came out. "Em-em.??" She said in babyish voice. Her head scan the room, maybe looking for Emman as I mentioned her name. Stella thought she's here.

I smiled, petted her. "She's not her. Do you play with her, always?" I asked Stella like she would understand me.

"Em-em..ball.." Stella said handling me the ball and smile. Possibly they do play here as Stella is like talking about what they are doing when Emman was here playing with her.

"Hey! Baby! Mommy's back." Angela chirps, walking towards us and crouch down to get Stella. Stella, happily wrapped her arms on her mother's neck and smile happily.

"ball..Em-em!" Stella shouted, pointing the ball on the floor. I quickly grab it and give it to her.

"She loves to play this ball with Emman." Angela said as she entertained Stella with it.

"Yeah, I noticed. She's always here, playing with Stella?" I questioned as I sat down again.

"Yeah, every other day she was here due to Jenna has a work as well as Gabby. She's alone in their house." Angela explained, taking a sit beside me. "It's been a week that she's recurrently visits here every other day after her school. She's really alone in their house." Angela added that made my heart hurts, thinking she needs me at this time.

"So, she's really alone?"

"Yup." Angela nods as I shake my head in contentment of what I've heard.