Chapter 51: lucky

After receiving a call from Gabby. Later on, I received a message from Dad telling me Jenna gave birth to a baby boy. I then replied to Dad that I was happy to know the good news. Well, I'm a bit nervous though. By the next few months, I'll be giving birth too. I know that I already did give birth to Emman but suddenly, hearing someone's giving birth made me think and felt nervous again. It was painful but beautiful. And also with all of those restless thoughts and fretting situations, I am positively glad to have another baby.

*1 month later*

I took a deep breath, stood up from the couch, and stroll to the kitchen to get some food. I recently felt that I'm always hungry. This human inside my belly is kind of voracious too, like her sister. I rolled my eyes at that thought. Groaning, I open the fridge and take an orange juice and some cookies that Emman and I baked yesterday. Yeah, I can cook. Not that Gordon Ramsey's kind of but it is eatable. At least I've learned, right? That was an achievement.

"Hey, Mom!" Emman's voice made me jump in frightened. "What are you doing?"

"What the.." I muttered, holding the jar against my chest. "Are you going to kill me with a heart attack?" I said annoyingly.

Emman scooted towards me, spreading her arms to hug me. "No, I'm not," she said, rubbing my baby bump and she looked up at me. With her devilish smirk. My eyebrows meet together, anticipating what she will have to say. "You give birth first then after that I could kill you." She chuckled.

I softly pushed Emman away from me and unclasped her arms around my waist. "You're so annoying! Bad! Rude! Irritating!" I complained frustratingly, groaning at the end, and just saw emman just smirking at me.

I put down the cookie jar on the counter and the juice I took from the fridge. I sat on the stool as Emman sat opposite me.

"What?" I furrowed, coz she was just staring at me. Watching my every move.

"Why?" She asked curiously and smiled, bringing up her shoulder slightly.

"Shut up," I muttered, taking a bite of my cookie as I widened my eyes.

"That is why." Emman let out a laugh again as she cupped her head with her hands as her arms leaning on the counter. She looked like an innocent child and just staring at what you are doing and that's why I love this child of mine. Sometimes she's getting into my nerves and then with her simple and unnoticeable acts of her, she made the situation between us okay. By that, I realized that she is really my weakness.

"What do you mean?" I said, sipping the orange juice.

"I love you,Mom." Emman smiled warmly. "You're the best, gorgeous, strong and talented mom i ever had!" She ended.

I felt i'm blushing with all of her compliments. "Come here," i said as she jumped off of her stool and scooted beside me. Emman wrapped her arms around my waist again. I planted a soft kiss on her head as she lifted her gaze up at me. "Ya know what? You're my amazing daughter i ever had. I love you, Emmanuelle." I said, hugging her tightly.

"After all of what happened recently, mom. You still didn't give up. You and Dad. I love you both, so much!" She mumbled against my baby bump. "And," emman look up at me again. Her bright blue grayish eyes that i love to see every time. Those eyes that gives me strength when i feel tired. "Momma Sarah and Daddy Jonathan are so proud of you right now." She said. It made me realized that those relatives of mine who kept Emman for me to be safe. And i owe them so much. So much that without them, emman is not the emman who i am facing right now. I saw inside Emman's eyes that she misses her foster parents. I sensed that.

"Do you missed them?" I asked her, running my hands on her hair.

She nodded. "Yeah, kind of."

"Okay, so.. go change we are going to visit them." I said.